gift for first birthday....suggestions please

chellieboo

Reaction score
Its my friends sons first birthday at the end of the month and I'd like to a buy a little gift.

I imagine he probably has everything he needs/wants with it being just after christmas, but does anyone have any ideas of something not too expensive that would make a nice gift?

A friend bought my son a lovely wooden train, its more of an ornament than a toy, and on each carriage is a letter spelling out his name (hope that makes sense). Don't know who its made by but i'm sure you could find similar if you google it. A lovely keepsake and looks really cute in his bedroom

Oooh, how about:-

* a terramundi pot with his name on

* a voucher for a local ceramic cafe so they could go together and make a plate or mug with his hand or foot print?

* or ask his Mum/Dad what he needs - he might need clothes which you could pick up in the sales or they may have some ideas?

Let us know what you get!

Valentine Xxx

you could always get a personalised print from my website lol. His name would get anylsed and that brings up a list of personal traits related to that name.

They are normally £5.99 with 65p postage
If you want one or anyone on the forum does i can do them for £4 + 65p postage.
I also have black and gold frames that the prints can fit in which i can do for an extra £1.50 but would have to work out the postage price.

Personal messages can be put on the bottom of the prints too.

At our nephew's first birthday his absolute favourite toy was.... stacking cups from ikea. So we bought them for DD for Christmas and she loves them! They cost 99p and are great to stack, knock down, make a great noise when hit together, are nice to chew, can be used in the bath and are easily cleaned.

If you can't get to ikea I'm sure most toy shops will sell them.

ETA: The ceramic vouchers that Valentine suggested would also be a great present! I would suggest only getting ornament type things if you know they have the space for them.

its my LO's 1st birthday on friday and all I have bought her is some play doh thats suitable from 12mths and a bath toy... i think relatives have got clothes.

When people asked me all i said was I would prefer her have something to unwrap.. I dont care if it cost 1p, i just dont want people to get into the habit of getting joint xmas and b'day gifts

thanks for the ideas, will look into them and decide soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back