From Cot to Toddler Bed?

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
Now that Jacks settling in his cot on his own the next stage is to try and get him into a toddler bed so that we can reuse his cot.

We tried it last night... and what find until he realised he could get out and started trashing his room :roll:.

So we ended up putting him back in his cot again.

What are your experiences on this and what did you do?

Thankyou :D

well ive had a bright idea tonight.. atm hes getting out of it at the bottom so im gonna put that end against the wall and then with the side guard on i dont think he'll be able to get out....wish me luck :lol:

Awwww... We were lucky with Arianna, but she was a bit older than your Jack.

How about one of those foldy up side things that clip on the bed - think argos do them for about £20

Sorry I'm not really any help cos we just bought another cot. Aimee wasn't ready to go into a bed till she was 2 and by then Nathan was 10 months old. Theres no way in this world Nathan would sleep in a bed yet, he'd be out in seconds climbing on anything that looks dangerous. :roll:

kellie80 said:
Sorry I'm not really any help cos we just bought another cot. Aimee wasn't ready to go into a bed till she was 2 and by then Nathan was 10 months old. Theres no way in this world Nathan would sleep in a bed yet, he'd be out in seconds climbing on anything that looks dangerous. :roll:
thinking thats what we should have done :wall: was stupid enough to listen to advice of ppl saying it would be cheaper etc

SarahH said:
Awwww... We were lucky with Arianna, but she was a bit older than your Jack.

How about one of those foldy up side things that clip on the bed - think argos do them for about £20
he has one of them... he climbed out the bottom :lol:

Do you put him down with milk? When we changed DD over to a bed at 18 months she was still going down with milk which helped to settle her.

I put jess in a bed at 22 months and she was great but I wouldnt do it with Joe and is is now 22 months. Jess would go to bed and straight to sleep but Joe is like your boy, very likely to get up and rumage through he room.

I would have to say that you would be better getting another cot, you wont wont a carry on once the baby is here.

Plenty time for a big bed.

Kina said:
Do you put him down with milk? When we changed DD over to a bed at 18 months she was still going down with milk which helped to settle her.
he has his milk in a tippy cup downstairs before bed now. so dont really want to go back to using it to settle him :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back