Formula fed nappies vs breast fed nappies

kalia

Reaction score
For the last week we have started giving DD 1 bottle of formula a day so that I can express a little less. We are giving her the Heinz Nurture because it had more LCPs than the other formulas but her nappies stink!!!!!!

Breastfed nappies don't stink. There is a slight smell to them but it's nothing obnoxious or strong. They smell sweet if I eat pop corn :lol: But just one bottle of formula has turned her nappies into the bog of eternal stench! Does this happen with all formulas?

OH nearly vomited while changing her nappy this morning :rotfl: and I had to leave the room after putting her nappies in the machine as it was revolting!

I noticed a change too - but its not that bad imo. I survive and we are now on solids too :lol:

haha try soya milk then not only does it heave but it goes like clay and a multitude of colours :)
xx

Manda&Thomas said:
haha try soya milk then not only does it heave but it goes like clay and a multitude of colours :)
xx
:puke: :puke: :puke:

Oh the joys of parenthood :rotfl:

Bottle nappies do tend to smell more than BF nappies. Luke's pure BF nappies always smelt like butterscotch to me. :rotfl:

Now he is on food...... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I have to admit to gagging. A lot....

The BF nappies Charlotte produced smelled like almonds!
I didn't realise why peole though nappy changing was revolting until I started weaning - :puke: :puke:

DebbieM said:
Bottle nappies do tend to smell more than BF nappies. Luke's pure BF nappies always smelt like butterscotch to me. :rotfl:

Now he is on food...... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: I have to admit to gagging. A lot....

Butterscotch! That sounds really nice. :D August has only one bottle a day and I did notice that his nappies started to have a smell after we introduced that bottle. It's still not as bad as I imagined nappies before I had a kid. I can't wait until we wean! :lol:

lil miss had a 2 spoonfuls of curry on Sunday... and OMG her nappies.. It was horrible... Thought something had crawled up her bum and died... she even gave DH a run for his money... Never again... :doh: But my friends kid whos bottle fed... the smell from his nappies.. That was just nasty... reminds me of this video (warning contains gagging, but still funny... :lol: )

Yes the smell of formula nappies is revolting :puke: even worse with the C&G Comfort milk! But I am used to it now contrary to OH who opens all the windows after nappy change :lol:

Yes! Sam's BF nappies used to smell of popcorn too! Now we give him one bottle a day of formula as the last feed. Was using Aptimal ready made cartons, but he was kind of ok with that and still onl pooed every 4 or 5 days, but tried the Heinz Nuture and got the mos putrid smelling nappy.

Now use Hipp Organic powder for the one bottle and they still smell but the colour is more like BF poos.

L xxx

Callums dont really smell

Dread weaning nappies............

I think this thread jinxed me!!!!!

i read it last night logged off went to bed thinking Id never really "smelt" his nappies properly (I had a cold and was a bit poorly) but boy today i did, it blemming STUNK!!!

I thought all baby poo should smell like roses! How do this gorgeus little things produce something so smelly!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back