football

Still rooting for France!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Emilia xx

Oh no - just missed!!!! :(

I can't even watch them take penalties!!!

lol!!!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Italy!!!!! :cheer:

Yay :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pleased for Italy - they did really well! Zidane..... you're a wally!!!

Beanie.... was it you that was after Fabio? :think:

Emilia xx

Ok - next world cup in SA 2010.... who wants to sleep over at my place?
Sexy dudes and excellent wine included!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Emilia xx

lol you might regret that invite emilia. i still have to visit my dad's homeland one day.

have you ever heard of the name of George Carr, something to do with mandela and the apartheid.

ohhhhh man I could just cry.
I could smack Zidane whilst I'm at it.
GAHHHHHH!

France is gonna win next time I can feel it in my bones already.

ETA: they totally deserved to win this time - they were the better players all round. If only Zidane hadn't acted like such a twat!

my dad was basically thrown out of SA in the 60's. But George Carr was my nan's brother. I am in touch with his daughter and grandchildren and they have been told that he was very involved in the struggle. I did find his name on a passive resistance list but that was it.

no that isnt my George. I would love to find out more.

My dad went back there after Nelson Mandela was freed, but my dad never really liked him. He used to say that he was only really the front man. My dad's family was really really political.

i also found out that my dad was married previously to a woman in SA and had a daughter, so i have a half sister over there. i am going to try and find out more.

That's so interesting Davina. DH is really into SA Politics and can tell me a thing or two. If I can help you with anything, let me know!! I'm happy to take a trip to the library and research for you!

I can feel a reunion coming this way - better get the spare bed made!!! :D

Emilia xx

that would be great Emilia. I have my nan's teaching certificates, and it clearly states that she was only allowed to teach coloured children. strange. hard to imagine living like that.

I would love to find out more about my nan's brother. i dont know too much as my dad died in 1995 and i really wished that i had found out a lot more.

i know that George was exilled from sa as well but unlike my dad he never ever set foot back on sa soil and he died a sad alcoholic.

Davina.... is your dad in SA now? Has he passed away? Sorry to ask - just wondering?

Emilia xx

I'll be able to visit the national library in the next couple of weeks and will do a quick search for you.

Things were so strange when I was a child, however, I only had coloured friends at home. My mum even adopted a black baby, until the mother returned to get her. (She shared a room with me)

Anyway - the Cape has always been more liberal. Things have changed so much now - I find it amazing that a war never broke out here in the early 90's. It really has been a very peaceful time or reconsiliation.

Let me have any info and I promise to do my best to find out more!

Emilia xx

thanks

my dad was called frank Robert Leopold ( :rotfl: ) Boys. My Nan was Grace Hetty Carr and she was a teacher. Her brother was George Carr and he had two daughters called Sheila and Patricia. George owned some land but lost it all. i dont know a lot more. It would be great to find some more on George.

my dad's dob was 20.10.1930, can you look up birth certificates. i would love a copy of my dads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back