Fly Killer

SarahH

Reaction score
Is there anything you can do to kill flies other than using the spray.

It has been so nice here recently that I have had all the windows open, downside is tho that we get flys coming in as our appartment faces on to loads of big oak trees.

At the moment I am just spraying, the killer stuff at night when I go to bed as it stinks and I dont want Arianna to inhale it.

Is there anything else I can use?

I have a phobia of flys and hate the spray smell as its associated with the phobia so I have a few hints :D

Pots of Lavender near your windows/doors is a good one as flys dont like it

Citronella scents also repel flys so you could burn a candle with this scent in your house to stop them coming in.

You can get some flower shaped window stickers (i think from the company Raid, look like sunflowers) that attract the flies and when the eat the poison they die.

spraying them with water or hair spray stops them flying and then I will hoover them up

I keep a hand held hoover for hoovering them up as I cant stand the thought of them in my normal one you can sometimes catch them wnen they rest without the need for sray.

Having a net or beaded curtain on your doors/windows lessens them coming in but keeps some air circulating

You can get mesh that you can fit to your window and means you can kep the windows open/flies out Black mesh is virtually see through believe it or nt, Aldi do a good brand every summer its cheap and effective.

You can get fly strips but they look gross :puke:

you can buy those blue light zappers that professional kitchens have reasonably cheaply now but I hate the noise, B& Q stocked them last year, they do need to be plugged into the mains.

errm think thats all I can think of but will add if i think of any more :lol:

i just use my feather duster to splat them, the kiddies think its funny :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back