Flaky scalp anyone?

splashmonkey

Reaction score
It's really getting on my nerves - I suffer from flaky scalp anyway and use Nizoral (medicated shampoo) to control it, which was workign just fine till I got pregnant. Now it just doesn't seem to be cutting it and I can see the flakes starting even immediately after I've washed it. I tried going backwards and just using Head and Shoulders and that was a total disaster, didn't do a thing. Nizoral's the strongest thing I've ever found over the counter so I don't quite know where to go from here! Anyone else have this problem? I looked on the net but it's all people that never suffered from it before so milder stuff seems to work for them.

Hi hun, sorry i dont know but didnt want to read and run, my legs are super flakey though for some reason

hope you find something good
xx

yeah me too hun its been better since i had my hair cut shorter but i did do a trial with head and shoulders which seemed to make it worse for some reason. i think the time of year doesn't help either and the change of season. have you tried leave in conditioner?

I have suffered from flaky scalp for years :( If i shake my head it looks like its been a blizzard seriously haha. I have started using this T Gel stuff (Dark brown in colour, looks and smells like shit) but it seems to be slowly getting rid of it so fingers crossed!

I am all flaky as well. My head and my legs especially. I am not sure what to recommend at all. I have been wearing a headscarf when it's bad - which sometimes I do anyway but that doesn't actually deal with the situation.

Arghhhhh to the bad parts of baby making!

Yeah, I used to use T-Gel before I found Nizoral, it was okay but never cleared it completely like Nizoral did. Might have to try it again see if it's any different now. I remember it well, it is really minging isn't it! I think it's still dandruff, in which case moisturising isn't going to help I don't think, it's cell turnover plus oiliness I think rather than dry scalp. Maybe I'll ask a pharmacist! Yours definitely sounds like dryness Kiko, I'd try a specially moisturising shampoo and conditioner on your hair and some heavy duty moisturising body lotion on your legs. I'm starting to wonder if there actually are any upsides to being pregnant, apart from the baby obviously.

Never heard of Nizoral, i'll have to try it :) Do you have to get it from the Doctors?

I havnt been to the hairdressers in ages, cos im embarrased about my scalp :oops:

Thanks for the advice, will try that as well! I go swimming quite a bit and I am sure that doesn't help!

Upsides to pregnancy: ickle baby at the end :) Also my husband is doing lots for me lol xxx

Never heard of Nizoral, i'll have to try it Do you have to get it from the Doctors?

No, it's over the counter, I get it from Tescos but most pharmacies have it too. I think it works on a different basis than T-Gel, which is one of the coal tar ones I think hence the yucky smell. But they all take a while to really kick in so if T-Gel's starting to work I'd stick with it, you need to give all these things a good few weeks just like medication :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back