• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First scan!

Dawny

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know my scan went reall really well. :cheer: :cheer:

Appt was at 2.15pm so we set off in good time and made it to the hopsital about 2. Bearing in mind this is a new hospital and we don't have a clue where we where going, we got lost! I was bricking it and getting angry i would lose my appt!

So i took a deep breathe and mik pointed out we had gone up the wrong stairs and so back down we went and foudn the right corridor on the second floor. Now i don't know how heavily pregnant ladies get on cos the anti-natal bit is right at the end of the corridor, a millions miles!

Anyhoo i had been sipping on my bottl eof water and was getting quite full so i hoped my appt would be on time. We arrived at the scanning dept and the receptionist took my name and we sat down expecting a wait. But within 3 mins of sitting down my name was called and off to the room we went.

I led down on the bed whilst mik sat on the chair next to me. There wa sa screen above me to my left so i did not have to awkwardly turn to see her screen. Now no-one told me i had to strip off! They really do get low down there! Good job i was not shy!

She squirted some warm stuff on me and then proded me with the scanningthingy. Bloomin heck she was hard with it and i nearly wet myself she was pressing on that much!

The first thing the nurse said was "oh what a strong heartbeat" I cried! That was what i was afraid of, nothing there, and she confirmed it was ok straight away even before we could see Bam Bam fully.

Then she moved it more and we could see Bam Bam waving it's arms and twisting and turning like it was having a whale of a time!! It was amazing, it waved at us for the scan (see below). Mik and I think i am having a penguin (it really does look like one cos it waved at the time she took the still!)

She then showed us its heart beating and it twisted and turned some more. Before we knew it she had finished and got the photo for us. She said Bam Bam was 11w 3d today, so my EDD has changed to 20th march 2007.

I cannot describe how relieved i am, we saw Bam Bam and it waved at us!!!!

Well enough of my blubbering, here is Bam Bam head is on the right wiht it's arm infront of its face as it was waving).

BamBam.jpg

Fantastic news! Sounds like it was a very emotional time for you both :cheer:

Awww glad to hear you had a good experience, and that Bam Bam put on a good performance for you, how cute to be waving at you - hi mummy & daddy!

My hospital is the same with distance, the maternity unit is the furthest building from the carpark, then when you get in you have to go to the far end of that building?! I'll time it on monday but it certainly looks like a good walk - lol

awww glad all was well hun lovely scan pic :D xxxxxx

Lol i replied to the other post lol, didnt realise it was the same lol
Glad scan went well and what a cute piccy!! :cheer:

glad everything went ok and i like your scan photo have mine on october 5 3 days before my birthday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back