First Scan Tomorrow!

Vicki83

Reaction score
Well as you'll probably know i finally got to see my midwife last week, and now i've got my forst scan tomorrow, i'm soooo excited and will find out my due date, so expect pics tomorrow! :dance:

Good luck Vicki! Looking forward to seeing your piccies.

Lyns xx

I've just been informed from my friend who is also pregnant that it;s not a scan on my stomach they do but vaginally :shock: I am now shi**ing myself!

Hi, Try not too worry, I've had a few vaginal scans and I thought it was it's just like having a smear.
The Sonographer will ask you to undress from the waist down but they should give you a blanket or something to cover yourself up with.
I wore one of my hubbys long t'shirts so at least I can could cover myself a little. :oops:
Don't worry they won't just have you sat there legs a kimbo for all to see!!!
It's a little uncomfy and embarrasing but it'll be worth it when you see you're little baby on the monitor. :D

Good luck and congratulations, don't forget to post a piccy.

I know, i suppose i'll have to get used to people poking at prodding at my nether regions anyway!!

Once i see my little baby on the screen i'll not be caring that i'm naked in front of a strange woman! lol

I've had a couple of internal ultra sounds - It's not so bad! My OH was more knocked than me & blurted out 'well you don;t need it tonight you've already had it' :shock: :lol:

good luck with your scan...i too had an internal scan done at about 7 wks pregnant, coz its clearer at that early stage, but it was sort of done under a blanket over me to spare my modesty!!!

good luck & put piccies up if you can.xx

Good luck, its the most amazing feeling ever seing your little one on screen!
Cant wait to see piccies tomorrow xxx

You've scared me now too - are all first scans vaginal? Or is yours early? I'm confused now!

Mine was at 8 weeks 2 days and was externally, ge on tummy and they rub probe over it, I dont know why they do internal ones? Is it an early thing? xx

Internal ones are for early on yer or if they can't see anything through the belly scan & they need a better peek.

sarahg don't be scared if that option is ever suggested they really are harmless & you are given a gown & tbh I don't think anyones interested about anything but whats on that little monitor x

well had my scan, not an internal one i may add! I went in and the midwife was like ok can you pull your trousers and pants down for me, so having psyched myself up all morning for it just pulled them down, so there i was sitting in all my glory and she just kinda looked at me and said no dear only a little! :oops: Oh the shame, my OH was in stitches!

Anyways, i am officially due 23rd December and here's my little bean!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/v ... CF0628.jpg

Congratulations, you must be so proud.
That's a really clear picture!

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

oh god, i just can't wait for my little bean to be here!! :angel:

Congratulations to you. The picture is beautiful.

I was really laughing at you pulling your trousers all the way down :lol: B

oooo its so exciting,

you can refuse an internal scan, dont know if u ladies knew that :) it is possible to do the scan even at 6 weeks externally so long as you have a full bladder....

just make sure its not overly full! i had to have half "half a wee" coz all they could see was bladder haha.

TinaOct said:
Congratulations to you. The picture is beautiful.

I was really laughing at you pulling your trousers all the way down :lol: B

I'm a proper blonde!! Ah well i'll know the next time not to do that!!

Congratulations Vicki! So glad everything went well. What a funny story!!! I have my first scan on Monday - ahhrrrrrr!!

Lyns

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back