first injections tomorrow - petrified

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I am dreading it. I hate needles being put into other people - in me I don't care but the thought of them hurting my little girl makes me cry!
If the nurse makes her cry I may get angry, lol, or more likely sob!

Luckily Matt is coming with me.

I know she'll be ok and that it's to keep her well but :( :( :(

Aww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I swear it seems to affect us more than our LOs. Just keep her distracted when the jabs are administered. My mum was given some bells to shake at Calleigh, it seemed to do the trick as she hardly noticed her first jabs :)

I don't mind needles in me, but I can't bare on LO.

Perhaps you could do what I did? OH was holding LO and I just 'had to' :oops: go to the loo. I could hear her cries from there, but when I got back to the room all panicky she was fine again.

Good luck! It won't last long :hug:

:hug: She'll probably do a little scream but its more shock than pain.

Just make sure you give her loads of cuddles after and I hope she's not too grotty for you later xxx

I was petrified too as I'm so scared of needles its silly.

The first time, I got Toby to hold her. The second time I had to go on my own - Toby was at work, and Mum was on holiday. I was even more scared that time :(

I pre-warned the nurses I was feeling emotional about it and they were so lovely and got tissues ready! But I was too busy trying to stop Phoebe from crying to worry about crying myself.

One tip - have a bottle ready for either during, or after. This calmed Phoebe down loads on the second lot.

Dreading the next lot - they are on monday, and its 3 jabs :( Poor mites.
:hug: :hug:

I made my OH come with me to the first 2, he couldn't get to the 3rd lot. But i saw babies coming out before us crying and i burst into tears! It was someone elses child! Lol. hey soon forget about it though. It's a horrible thought. But the smile 2 mins later says it all.

Hope it goes ok, sure she'll be fine. Coops are not till the 12th and i must admit i'm dreading them too. Be brave :hug: xx

hope it all goes ok suzi :hug:

summer has hers nxt thursday and im dreading it, OH is workin so ive gotta go on my own :(

:hug: I know how you feel. I was in the health centre today for my 6 week post natal and I heard a little boy getting his jabs and I started crying in the reception just thinking about August's. :oops: Thank goodness DH is coming with me.

I was just going to say, can you not go in straight after faith has had the needles so you dont have to see it? Then you can give her lots of cuddles??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back