• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First day at pre-school

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
Sam had his first afternoon at pre-school today. I was so nervous - he's only ever been away from me when he's with people he knows really well, and he's really shy around other adults - great with other kids though...could stick him in a room full of kids he doesn't know and he wouldn't even notice if I wasn't there.

We had to arrive half an hour into the session today so we got there at the start of their free play time. As soon as we walked in he ran off to play with the other kids - I think I could easily have walked out without him noticing, but I had to say goodbye and he started crying and wanted to come with me. One of the staff had to pull him off me screaming and I just had to say goodbye and walk out :( I didn't actually go home, just hid in a back room until he calmed down a bit then walked home, and they called me about 20 minutes later to say that he was fine. I got there early to pick him up and he gave me a hug and said, 'I love you mummy' :cloud9: He'd cried again when they had to sit down for story time at the end but apart from that he'd loved it. On the way home he told me all about his day and said, 'my school is my favourite thing!'

He told me that they sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so I started singing it and he looked at me and said, 'we only sing that at school!'

Sorry for the huge thread but I'm very proud of my big man :yay: Hopefully tomorrow will be even better :cloud9:

Aww glad he likes it, its always nice when they take to playschool straight away :)

Aw bless him!! they don't cry for long, Lacey cried once when dropping her off but as soon as I left she stopped!! He'll love going there! x x

Hopefully leaving him will get easier for you both over time :hug:

It sounds like he's a really good talker too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back