• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

finally got my first antenatal clinic appointment, what should i expect?

lauralala

Reaction score
Hi all,

i hve finally got my first antenatal clinic appointment at 16 weeks, i dont really know what to expect so was wondering what happened in yours

thanks in advance

Hi at my 16 week appointment
Had my urine checked
Checked my dates were correct using the scan (this didnt get done as i had not had my scan so mw sorted out a rush scan)
My mw checked the babys heart beat
Was asked about my symptoms and if i had any swellings
Asked if i had any questions
It was a short appointment compared to the booking in appointment at 8 weeks.

I think it varies all over, because my mw didn't check for the babys heart beat as she said it was too early (i was about 15 weeks i think at the time) and she told me to book an appt with my GP around about when i have my 20 weeks scan and my GP will let me hear the heartbeat. I think they don't always like trying to find it early because things are still small, and even if theres nothing wrong..if they couldn't find it it could make the mother worry. My urine was checked and she went over my documents too just to check everything. All n all was a quick appointment! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back