• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling sooo left out :o(

Reaction score
Heya, Im a already a member on this forum, but im posting this thread under a different name, because I dont want my OH and I to start a fight over this and dont want him to be upset.

Anyway....

Its my OHs birthday today his 21st. We had a nice day, he finished work, we went into town... picked up a few things and had a meal. He went back over to his parents to spend a bit of time with them, which is fine... after all they are his parents. But I have just found out that they are having a meal on sat, his whole family and guess who isnt invited :( yeah you've guessed it ... little old me and why am I not invited because 'I am not family' this coming from his parents. OH says he doesnt want to go without me, but I dont want to start a fight or bad feeling between his parents and me, so ive told OH to go and have a good time. It just really upsets me that they are being like this. Im engaged to him, im having his baby.. my son has started calling him daddy and im not family am I. Arrggghh :cry:

Any advice more than welcome! :)

Sorry just needed to have a rant and a moan.

Well new poster if I were you I would ask him not to go. How dare they! Could you just go and brass neck it?

They dont want me to, my OH asked if I was invited and if he could invite me. They said no just family, yet his sisters boyfriend is going :( and they havent been together long.

Cant ask him not to go, think that would start lots of fights. But at least he now knows what they are really like.

Their being so childish im thinking of playing their game and saying they cant come to see baby when its born because their not family :twisted: lol

Sadly they will be but you dont seem the type to do that. Sometimes its better to be gracious, at least if you let them see the baby you can go to bed at night with a clear head knowing you arent being twisted which is more than they can do.

No im not the type of person that wouldnt let them see their grandchild, but sometimes I wish I was an evil cow.

I guess im just going to have to live with the fact that whatever goes around comes around. Hopefully they will see sense when babys here.

come to sami's mental thread - that'll cheer you up :D

ooooh who wonder who the secret identity is!

maybe its lauramum talking to herself? lol

LOL I bet its you Vic.

I'm sorry you're oh's partner is being this way hun, its out of order. just let them get on with it is all you can do i think. I've sent you a pm xx

Just turn up on the day. Thats what I would do. If they say anything about it, just say 'well his sister's OH is here so whats the problem?'

I'm sorry, but that behaviour is not on. You need to put a stop to it now by just turning up anyway or imagine what it could be like after the baby arrives!

chocolate-monster said:
They dont want me to, my OH asked if I was invited and if he could invite me. They said no just family, yet his sisters boyfriend is going :( and they havent been together long.

Cant ask him not to go, think that would start lots of fights. But at least he now knows what they are really like.

i go through the same thing with my OH's parents on a regular basis the next one being tonight when they are all going out for a meal and me and the kids aint invited coz we aint direct family yet his brothers best mate is allowed to go :roll:

i cant offer any advice to you but i do know how you feel :(

OH has really peed me off today, he says that his parents told him I am not invited to his birthday meal on saturday because I am not family and that they dont want to talk to me and sort things out. They said the only time they will see me is when baby is born, when they come around to my house to see it.

My MIL said that she WILL be taking the baby on boxing day to her parents because they go there every year, but I am not invited.
(theres noway shes taking my baby anywhere)

Arrgghh how evil are they, I wouldnt mind so much if I had done something to upset them, but I havent done anything.

OH isnt backing me up at all. He says he feels as if I am blaming him. Im not blaming him, I would just like a little support and for him to stand up to his parents.

I have sent my MIL some flowers should arrive monday saying, Im sorry if I have done anything to upset you and I hope that we can start a fresh. Love (my name)

Whats the betting shes just going to throw them in the bin and tell my OH they didnt arrive. :(

i cant believe anyone can be so selfish! and i know you cant stop your partner from going to the meal but how would he feel if it was your parents excluding him? the whole situation is just shocking! you know we're all here whenever you want to moan, hope things work out for you xx

theres no way i would stand for that!! basically if you are marrying this guy you need him to see that his parents are wrong! :evil: otherwise i can image his parents ignoreing you forever and just coming to see you because of your kids!!

I would just tell your OH that it isnt fair and that you feel left out! otherwise they could arrange more things which you are not welcome to go to & your OH will leave you alone again because he thinks your ok with it all!

relationships work on honesty!!

I just don't understand the way they are acting at all! are they a petty family?? It's so shocking that they are treating you like this. hope the flowers help hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back