Feeling hopeless.

Smamfy

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm 39 and my 1st pregnancy resulted in a blighted ovum in April 2014. Due to problems with my OH we were referred for free IVF cycle. After a number of delays and having to lose 2.5 stone we eventually got funding. 3 weeks before we started free IVF I found out I was pregnant. However on Sunday after feeling poorly it was confirmed by the hospital that the baby's heartbeat had stopped at 9.5 weeks. I had MVA on Tuesday.
IVF had to be completed by the time I'm 40 which unfortunately for me is in December. I feel so cheated and angry, it's just so unfair.
I'm trying to stay strong and positive but feel like I'm being punished. All I wanted is one child, I have so much love to give and now it's all over. I thought I'd be stronger the 2nd time but I'm not.
My OH and I managed to conceive whilst waiting for IVF using a home insemination kit so to get pregnant that way was truly a miracle. I feel like my fight has all gone and I don't have any energy left to try again.

Sorry for the rant but just needed to get it off my chest xx

Go with ivf while you have a chance
Its still raw but free ivf aint easy to come by
Sorry for your loss :(

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I don't know if we'll make the age/time limit for free IVF but we've got a supportive GP so who knows? New day tomorrow so just got to keep going xx

I hope you fit their criteria and that the fact you conceived naturally doesnt ruin things for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back