Feeling bad and guilty about breastfeeding - UPDATE!!!

Josephine_Beth said:
Wanna hear something funny, my husband and mother - in - law, wanted me to BF Joseph until he was 2yrs old!!!!!

That's what the World Health Organisation also advise.

Hey Beatlesfan,

I think you've done a fab job - breastfed when it really wasn't easy for you - and you've done amazingly well to get to this point.

At the end of the day, its no-one's business except yours how you feed your baby, your mum can't force you to breastfeed, so she'll just have to lump it. I think I would tell her how you need her support right now, not her criticism (although I know I don't have this kind of relationship with my Mum, she couldn't cope with hearing something like this).

Well done and good luck with the transition - let us know how it goes with your milk drying up eventually etc. Is your hubby still helping with night feeds?

Valentine Xxx

Thanks everyone for your words of reassurance and support.

Yes Valentine, OH is still helping out with night feeds.. in fact he is doing night shift tonight, although he may have a good night... Imogen slept from 12-8 last night!!! That was with formula feed at 7.30 pm and breast feed at 11.30 pm. We are trying it again tonight. Fingers crossed.

Trixiepaws, I know what you mean about getting sexy boobs back, it's hard for me to think of them as a sexual part of my body, even tho OH likes the size, despite them leaking milk etc.. men..... so easily pleased!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's amazing how the body adapts to supply and demand isn;t it... my milk only comes in from 6ish at night until the morning, and then boobs are soft all day as I no longer feed Imogen during day... isn't the body a magical thing??

Already I feel my boobs are getting a little smaller, and they are much more comfortable during the day now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back