• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feel like I must be doing something wrong

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
My son was very slow with all his motor skills and didn't sit unaided until 13 months, didn't crawl till 18 months and started walking (still not everywhere) at just over 2. And now my daughter who was born with an extremely rare skin codition that's even raver the fact I don't have it now she's being referred to physio as she's nearly 7 months and can't sit unaided, hold bottle pick up toys or more than 5 seconds, want to stand etc.
I just feel like I may be doing something wrong as a parent. I don't spend all day with them playing. I need to do washing, tidying, dinner etc so don't have constant time although they have it when I can. Is that not good enough? I don't want both my kids to be slow as I saw how much my son hate not being about to walk and run with other kids. Sorry just on a bit off a downer about it I guess :/

oh honey she will get there. Just in her own time. I do not spend all my time playing either, we have things to do and I think it's important for them to try and learn to play a bit on their own. Must be a hard time for you but try not to be too down on yourself. When is your physio apt?x

It's nothing to do with anything you have done, I have twins and they are now like wee telly addicts cause whenever they are taken away from the TV they wriggle to try and watch it. I don't mean they are left to watch the TV all day but as I have a 3 year old its very difficult to split my time. I try and rotate then as in the walker, bouncer, floor time etc. My wee man has no interest in sitting up and mine are 8 months. He cannot even sit up for 5 secs and he flings himself down. They are all different and do things at different stages so you must never blame yourself :petal:

It's nothing to do with you! All kids do things so differently, and some do take far longer than others to sit/crawl/walk but while you can spend all day sitting there encouraging them (and have dirt and piles of washing and dishes build up around you!) it really won't make a difference - we all have things to do that mean that if we want to keep on top of things we can't spend as much time with our kids as we'd like to :hug:

like the other ladies have said hun, all children are different and your lo will catch up in her own time. and its defiantely not your fault. you can be expected to play with the kids all day they need to learn to play on there own, so stop blaming yourself. i leave lucy to play on her own whilst i get on with things in the house, sit her in front of the telly when its needed etc. i dont mind that as she is occupied whilst i get on with things. hope you feel a bit happier soon xx

No, it's not you Lilly! I don't spend all day playing either, like you I've got a house to run, much as I would love to play all day lol! Every baby does things in their own time xx

Thankyou everyone. She can sit now for about 5 seconds and then flings herself back or gets grizzly if shes sat up for 2 long. im so glad everyone else gets on with housework too in the day, as I HATE my house to be untidy to like to keep on top of things. My son used to be a telly addict is too, still is really at 2 and a bit! lol
Im not sure yet as im being referred to a doctor at the hospital to see her first then i think her physio will go from there really :) x

Aww don't blame yourself Lilly! Lizzie could sit for like 20 seconds unaided the day before yesterday, then yesterday she sat for like 3 whole minutes just like that! They learn something so suddenly and then we wonder why we ever worried about it lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back