Family - can't be bothered with them!

stacey_lea86

Reaction score
They actually really drives me up the wall. Okay, so they all live back in UK down south & we're here in sunny Germany. They have NEVER bothered to visit, not even bothered applying for passports etc (even thou she got 1000's in inheritance money) and wasted it on god knows what!

It's always the same with My Mam is always asking when we're coming back. Erm NEVER. Done enough driving back & forth about time you came to us. Same with my younger sister, never bothered trying to visit. Expects us to go back all the time. Well excuse me if you want to see your Grandchild, then you will have to come here. I am not driving all the waY back to UK (again) with 3 bambinos. It is stressful enough with 2 of them!

She messaged me the other night to say how she WANTS a phone call when he's born. I was like erm no...I will just announce it on facebook as that way it is fairer to my lovely inlaws (who I love) and the rest of Hubbys family. Why should I single her out with a phone call if it is only Hubbys parents that come over twice a year, spoil the grankids & buy them & us xmas presents every year without fail?

She went on & on about phoning her. To be honest. I am taking my Blackberry in the hospital that has free internet I am not having me or husband panic about money in pay machines to ring around. If we ring her, we have to ring everyone. And I am not wasting 5 bloody euro on a 20 second phone call!

I said to Craig we can ring her & his Mam if I am at home and feel like I am labouring & just tell them to keep an eye on FB!

Sorry but she really, really, really pisses me off & I am sick to the stomach of them not even bothering & expecting us to run around all the bloody time!

Like my husband says, she just wants the novelty of saying to people 'Oh they rung me first' Everything is a novelty to her. Yet she does not bother with the practicality of anything!

Sorry for the rant. Needed that! :oooo:

hmmm... Sorry hun, but I would call her - she is your mum after all. And would also call the in-laws at the same time... Announcing things on FB just feels so impersonal to me. I would much prefer to do it over the phone anyway.

I understand that you are upset about them not coming over. But do you really need to argue over a simple phone call? If you want to save money, maybe text her instead, and she can call you back?

I Know facebook is not the best way. But it is the easiest way. Our facebook is joint & is just close friends & family anyway.

Honestly, you don't know my Mother. Never sends the kids anything for Christmas or Birthdays & we're not close. I talk to My Mother in law about personal stuff as I just can't with my own Mam. She's one of these people who just loves to feel important & controlling.

And the calls & texts to UK from my mobile are ridiculous!

So I said to hubby, we can ring them before we set off for hospital when it starts as we get free calls to UK from our landline & just tell them to keep online. Just don't want anyone to moan.

She even said she would do the ring around. But that's just typical of her. She HAS to feel she's important & it makes me so uncomfortable! I know I probably sound so harsh, but I've NEVER been close with her & she doesn't bother with us. But soon to jump up when tables are turned!

Eurgh - just anally hormonal today!

I understand how you feel hun. And I live in Northern Ireland which isnt as far away as Germany and I still have no effort made. I moved here in Feb and theyve visited me once for one night on my birthday in May (even for that my OH had to give her a nudge to come) and even though I've been pregnant I've come back 3 times already and taking an 8 hour ferry journey plus a two hour drive is horrible when you're expecting. She never calls me anymore either. I made a point of calling once a week and she used to call me once a week, dont even get that anymore!! And I said when i go into my OH will send a text to my mum and dad and his mum and dad and our sisters just confirming that I'm in labour and he'll keep them updated. Not good enough for her who has demanded to be told first when the baby is out, and she even went as far as saying "I want to know before anybody else, inc lees parents" lol! Shes been horrible about our name choices, nursery choices etc etc - I'm not close to her anymore as a result of her attitude so I know how you feel babes. All I can say is just keep your chin up and do things however YOU want, its your life and your baby and you should be able to do what you want without somebody trying to dictate xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back