Expressed milk and Breastfeeding questions

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm going to my parents for the day tomorrow and want to take some expressed milk with me (my dad gets quite embarressed if i pop the boob out even though I've got a shawl on to cover up), I usually just put it in the fridge and use it within the 24 hours. I was just wondering how will I keep the milk in my changing bag to make sure it does'nt go off and if I express this afternoon/evening and take that batch out of the fridge just before I go in the morning How long will it be before it goes off?.

The other question I have is how long should a "normal" breast feed last for? My Little girl still varies in length sometimes 2hours and then sometimes only 20mins and then she is asleep. When she goes to sleep during a feed i usually rub her toes or cheek or blow on her, and change her to wake her up but then after a few mins she goes to sleep again does this mean she has had enough? WIll she be getting plenty during her 20 min feed?
Thanks

i read that breast milk keeps at room temp for 6 hours (im sure it was from a link somewhere on here- cant remember where tho sorry!)

it is hard 2 tell how much a breastfed baby has eaten, thats the downside 4 me. but i think if its been 20 minutes and u can hear lots of swallowing, and ur baby is not having long pauses between sucks, that should be enough for 3 or 4 hours. u can sometimes feel how full their tummy is when u hold them up or burp them.
going 2 sleep on u does not always mean theyve had enough, its just that suckling is very tiring for babies, especially younger ones. i find that millie can fall asleep on me but stay firmly latched on, which means she wants more- but if shes had enough she'll break the suction and slip off. (but then after a burp she may still want more lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back