Ectopic breast tissue and pregnancy

sandee

Reaction score
Help :shock: ...

Hi ladies, I am usually in TTC forum but had a question for any mum. I have had a few doc appointments recently that finally concluded that the small mass I have in my left armpit is called ectopic breast tissue. Well, I came home today from the surgeons office and read online to learn more about it. :shock: There are lots of things about women who have this, seems somewhat common, but what I read was really horrifying.

Many women said that they had this and during pregnancy the condition became more painful and the lumps or "third breast" would grow. Some even lactated while breast feeding from these lumps. Mine is very small, but some of these women said that theirs grew due to pregnancy hormones, just like your breasts swell...the tissue does too.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this condition during any of your pregnancies? Please help! I am in tears right now! :oops: :cry:

goodness how terrifing. i've not heard of that, so may not be any help but is it possible to have it removed?

Yes, but being in the armpit, it is around all the brachial plexus nerves which can cause nerve damage or even more pain than I am having now. The doc told me since you really can not see mine...you can feel it if you push on my pit and it is tender to touch, wash, shave, not to mess with it. I read about women who had it where it was very noticeable, like a tumor and they had it removed. Some have more problems than before and some it came back. A few had good results. Right now it is not a big deal...other than feeling a little freakish, but i am worried that when I get pregnant it will grow along with my breasts...as it is exactly the same tissue?? :shock: :shock:

My DH thinks I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I have been to 5 doc's who say the same thing...nothing should be done. When something is off in your body....you want it fixed, right!??? That is my thinking anyhow. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back