ebay help, please :)

Dee1985

Reaction score
iv got this buggy , i was going to wack it in the paper for about £100 but seeing how much its gone for on ebay il put it on there, but can any one help me with p&p?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0011420009

iv got no box? so what could i use and how do you arrange for delivery? iv never done it before :?

If you don't want to send it then you just select the 'pick up only' option when you list it.

:lol:

BubbleOne said:
If you don't want to send it then you just select the 'pick up only' option when you list it.

:lol:

thats what i was going to do but i think there would be more chance of me getting more money for it if i can post it? iv put a few good bargins on before local pick up and they never sold.

also iv never sold any thing :oops:

how much will ebay charge me for selling the buggy?

and will i need a paypal account?

Ok Dionne here goes lol

I perosnally would always offer delivery as you say, even bargins don't go if there pick up only due to the fact of people being lazy and only offering to 20% of the ebay population that way.

I use parcel2go for large items as hypersaid. You just need to create an account with them, and you book the collection and delivery online, simple as putting in the weight & the collectiona nd Del addy and arranging a collection time and its the cheapest company. The van will be a DHL on (they always have when ive used them) but its 1/2 the price of using DHL online!!

You will need to go to Stapels or some other large stationary store and get a big role of bubble wrap and a role of brown paper (like brown wrapping paper) and just wrap it in that making sure plenty of protection with the bubble wrap as delivery men NEVER take car of anything. You may need to wrap it up in 2 seperate parcles, but its will only be £8-£12 per parcel at the most so not expensive. I sent 4 alloy wheels with a cost of £24 and some side skirts with a cost of £12, wrapped as above, and they all got there fine, no problems, next day del as well even though I think it states 3 days.

Make sure you put on your adver Postal Insurance not offered, that way if the company break it or something its not your responsibility and you wont have to give a full (if any) refund. This happened to me on an item and for all I know the guy did it as the del guy said he didnt drop the item, ebay confirmed I didnt have to give a refund as I didnt offer insurance so its at the buyers chance! That entirley up to you how you would handle the situation IF anything happens thoughj, just put it on just incase.

Urm, fee's there worked out like this :

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

and paypal, well I would advise to get one with it being such a large amount, its free anyway and doesnt cost that much to withdraw a few quid or so and again should increase the selling chances by 50% as if buyers pay by paypal and you dont deliver the item they are covered up to a certain amount for refund so it gives them peace of mind I guess.

Also put on your advert you will accept cash on collection if they wish to collect the item instead as it will entice buyers also who dont wanna pay £30 del!

Lat but not least, make your advert attractive with as much info as possible and detailed pics, it make all the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back