Eating cheese & no knowing they were pregnant

Isis

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone eaten cheese or had a boozy night out when you didn't know you were pregnant?

I had cooked stilton just before Christmas and also cooked camembert on New Years Eve. Some websites say that sort of cheese is ok if it's cooked.

I also had a drinking night out around the 17th December aswell. I'm crossing fingers it shouldn't do any harm. I know other people that didn't know they were pregnant for a while and their babies have been fine

I got pregnant with my first when I was 18, I worked in a club and had three really really drunken Saturdays while pregnant without knowing. My son is fine. I don't advocate alcohol during pregnancy but lots of people don't know immediately xxxx

ive been worried about this too! I only found out i was pregnant last weds, all over christmas ive eaten brie and a little bit of stilton also i coleslaw, ive read somewhere that you shouldnt eat coleslaw aswell. im really worried it might have affected the baby :(

i went out on a very heavy night and i must have been pregnant at the time, also i eat brie and have had baked camembert anyway because i like it and didnt want to give it up! and i also eat runny eggs all the time, seriously not a good example lol but i think its a load of crap x

That's good to know flexilexi, loads of websites say different things about what you should and shouldnt be eating anyway and im sure as early on as i am the baby wouldnt be affected? I am a big worrier without being pregnant lol!

Hope you are well, not long to go now! :)

As far as I know the only reason you shouldn't have mouldy or soft cheese or runny eggs is because of the very small risk of catching listeria or salmonella (food poisoning). If you've eaten it and it was fine and you've not caught food poisoning then you'll have done no damage to your baby. xx

Ive eaten stilton in cooking hun, and ive been fine. Ive eaten steak rare and since ive been pregnant i am in love with runny eggs, which i hated before i got pregnant and had a few really drunnken nights before i knew i was pregnant. I have to agree with lexi, i think a lot of it is just precaution xxx

It is just precautionary; if you have got completely wrecked on a night out not knowing you were pregnant, you cannot take responsibility for something you do not know about. All you can do is change your behaviours for safety after you have found out you are pregnant!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back