• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ear touching - teething or infection???

nicki

Reaction score
For a while now Jamie has been touching his right ear & trying to rub it & has just started to do the same with his left ear.
For the last couple of days he's been a right misery & had us up at 3 this morning, sobbing his little heart out, this is very unlike him, he's slept right through the night since he was about 6 weeks old!.
Do you think its his back teeth coming through or an ear infection? I can't see anymore pegs (he's got 7 now :shock: ) not sure if it would be related at all.
I'm going to take him to the docs to be safe as we are going away on the 22nd Jan. but just wondered what you all thought.

Thanks.
:hug:

Probably an ear infection, poor thing they are so painful. I suffer with them a lot. I'd get him to the doctor to have a look.

Thanks hun. Poor blighter's been so grumpy today. Will take him tomorrrow :(

aww poor sweetheart hope the docs sort it out hun...in the meanwhile good old calpol and nuerofen

I use cotton buds in my ears, told not to many times because of infections and it pushes wax down but I can't resist. I do Ryan's sometimes too but never right down like on myself. Kids seem to have very waxy ears.

Its strange actually coz Jamie had really really waxy ears for quite a few months (gets it from his minging Dad!! :rotfl: :shhh: ) but in the last couple they have got alot better, around that time he started playing with his ears???
We have been giving him Medised which does wonders but I hate seeing him in pain, discomfort & generally not happy :cry:

He's fast asleep now tho. bless him, he's worn himself out with all the crying! :lol:

Oh poor Jamie. :( Apparently it's good for ears to be waxy or kids, I just can't stand looking at it so clean it out of Ryan, lol. Maybe he poked something down his ear and it's pushed the wax down.

Hi hun

It may seem a little early but his molars could be moving around - Maddie got her first four molars all through before she was even 11 months old. But they were giving her grief for weeks before - she used to make her ears bleed. Anyway they seemed a lot more painful than the front ones coming through.

Hope it's not an ear infection.

Glad he's sleeping now - hope you have a better night

LBxx

littlebump said:
Hi hun

It may seem a little early but his molars could be moving around - Maddie got her first four molars all through before she was even 11 months old. But they were giving her grief for weeks before - she used to make her ears bleed. Anyway they seemed a lot more painful than the front ones coming through.

Hope it's not an ear infection.

Glad he's sleeping now - hope you have a better night

LBxx

Alfie isnt even cutting his first tooth its one of the back ones so it can happen early. Nik I hope he gets better soon hun :hug:

Thanks girlies :hug: I do think its teething but DH is worrying! He's getting worried now the doc. will say he can't fly :roll: i'll let you know what the doc says. Going to bed now just incase he has us up in the night again as DH is on earlies again tomorrow :(

did u get him to docs nicki.... poor little jamie hope he gets better soon

bet your knackered getting up in the night... but these people with babies that have ALWAYS slept through deserve it :twisted:

xxxx

Keely said:
did u get him to docs nicki.... poor little jamie hope he gets better soon

bet your knackered getting up in the night... but these people with babies that have ALWAYS slept through deserve it :twisted:

xxxx

He he, it comes as a shock I tell ya :shock: he did it again last night & has woken up again tonight since we put him down.

I saw a nurse in the acute assessment unit & she said she didn't think he has an ear infection but coz his ears are quite waxy couldn't see all the way down the ear canal so couldn't be 100% sure. she said if he carries on being miserable & touching it I should go back on Friday to get it checked out again as we are due to fly on Monday, so we shall see.
Thanks for asking hun.

Poor lil Jamie has a stinking cold & a temperature :( It was 39.8 this morning but went down when I gave him some Medised but its now creeping back up.

How long should I wait beofre I take to the docs do you think? I was going to keep an eye on him tonight & see what his temp. is tomorrow but not sure :think:

He is still so miserable, breaks my heart :cry:

ummm see i am one for not taking them to docs straight away.... I would normal say if no change in 3 days i would call doctor but he does have a very high temp! bless him.

xxxxxxx

Yeah, i'm the same, I've never rushed to the docs when there has been things wrong with me, I don't like wasting their time. I especially don't want to become one of these parents that lives at the doctors surgery!! He's fast asleep now so hope he'll be ok in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back