ear infections?

claireyfairey

Reaction score
I think Isla has an ear infection :( She keeps putting her hand up by her ear and has been doing it for a few days, and now she appears to have a heavy cold :( I'm going to the doctors today but I was just wondering if anyone could advise what the treatment will be for a 3 month old baby?

Thanks,

C xxx

I'd not advise what the treatment will be. You need to see your GP and see what s/he says tbh.

There are antibiotics, ear drops.... it might be a sore ear connected with the cold, it might be something else. You need to see your GP to know exactly.

This is what I was told by my doctor...

There is a difference between an ear infection and an inflamed ear. The ear becomes inflamed for many reasons, colds, allergies etc. If the body is unable to fight the inflamation then it can turn into an ear infection. Evie has had inflamed ears twice now (both cold related) and each time the doctor hasn't prescribed anything and told me to just give her calpol.

Antibiotics are apparently not given as freely as they once were for ear infections... they suppress our natural immune system and the belief is that if the ear inflamation/infection isn't too severe then it's better to let the body fight it off itself and therefore build up immunity.

Both times Evie's ear did get better within a matter of a few days. If you see anything leaking out of the ear like pus or loose, excessive wax then the inflamation has turned into infection and antibiotics are usually needed.

That is only my doctors opinion though and your doctor may take a different view. Either way I hope Isla feels better soon

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Calleigh has this horrible cough and cold thats been going round for about the last week, and a few days ago she started to pull on her ears and hit the back of her head :(
Took her to the docs yesterday and they checked her over and she has got an ear infection :( so she has been prescribed a course of antibiotics.

Defo get it checked out as i have noticed a difference with Calleigh and she has only had three lots of her medicine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back