• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dying Hair

jld123

Reaction score
I want to dye my hair tonight, ive been putting it off since i fell pregnant because ive heard you shouldnt.

Is this actually true? I dont want to dye it and then all my hair fall out - but its begging for a lift of colour and shine! im not sure what to do.

Has anyone dyed theres ? how did it go? have you heard and bad things about doing it?

ta xx

Your hair wont fall out!
Its ok to do it as far as I know (I'm a hairdresser and I've never had any problems dying pregnant womens hair). Do a strand test first as the hormones might make the colour slightly different to what its supposed to be, try not to get too much on your scalp as it enters your blood stream and could get to baby that way but it would only be a tiny amount but its better to be careful! As long as you arent doing it loads during the rest of pregnancy it'll be fine.. I did mine every couple of months just to make it look shiny and healthy!
Have fun!x

I did mine a couple of days ago, and it's gone a bit frizzy (which is doesn't normally do), but other than that it's okay!
Still all there (well apart from that that falls out when I wash it anyway!)
xx

Yeah it can change the texture of your hair too, make it drier or greasy so its definitely worth doing a test first :)

I started using quasi colours (24 wash) it gave my hair a nice lift and is kinder to hair if u don't want to drastically change the colour xx

It fine to dye your hair, the only thing you have to think about is that because of the hormones you won't necessarily get the colour you want. I.e a brown may come out a bit auburn, blonde not as blonde etc.

With my first I had to go brown as blonde turned.ginger on my :( but this time blonde is fine although my hair is v v dry so just have half a head highlights done rather than full to try and save my hair lol. Good luck hun x

mine really needs done to but ive decided to wait til after the baby is born then have it all cut an coloured haha how lazy do i wanna be. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back