Down syndrom testing

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an appointment tonight at 8.15 to have a scan done to test for down syndrom & general health of baby, aparentley I get pictures and video & I was told on the phone that if id like to know the sex of the baby i can be told. What did you guys decide??

Also (this really frastrates me) my midwife says im 13 weeks+3 days, the lady at the community midwifes office says im 13+4 days, the person doing my scan tonight has said im 13+1days. Everyone seems to have different datings! Its driving me up the wall :wall:

Tiggy xx

I didnt have this scan done so Im not sure, do you want to know the sex of your baby (I keep changing my mind but planning on having a surprise). Hope you enjoy seeing bubs tho. They should be able to give you correct dates tonight!

what dates do u have or is it the same as your ticker?

i didnt do the test, cause i wouldnt get rid of the baby even if she had it :)

something i dont believe in but will leave at that dont wanna start something :)

i didn't think they could tell the sex at 13 weeks?

i had the downs test - but more out of curiousity than anything else. it certainly wouldn't make a difference to how i feel about the baby. but i did like the reassurance that my risk is over 1:7000... i feel a bit like enn does about it, but having said that, if my risk had been v high i might also have liked time to prepare for a special needs child. all the sonographer did was measure the nuchal fold and compute the information along with my own risk factors, to work out the 1:7000 ratio.

hope it goes well tonight

x

I had the test dont know why really I suppose same reason as purple if it came back that LO had downs I could prepare but mine came back 1:11000

xx

yea if my baby had it then i would prepare for a special needs child also :)

anyway my oh wouldnt let me do it anyway so i couldnt even if i wanted too :hug: goodluck hope its what u want to hear :)

Hope the test went well for you and you got to see in detail on the scan.

I had the same test...my results were 1:840. But after the blood tests it went to 1:5200.

Hope the test went well for you and you got to see in detail on the scan.

I had the same test...my results were 1:840. But after the blood tests it went to 1:5200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back