• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double question thread, C-section and Contraceptive implant ...

haych86

Reaction score
Hey,

I had an emergency c-section and it gets so itchy and occasionally painful there even after almost 7 months, is this normal?

its like MEGA numb and I know obviously this will be normal but does anyone hate the numb feeling, it actually makes me feel a bit nauseous when I touch it lol.

ALSO

Contraceptive Implant after 4 months of having it put in do any of you get pain/bruising around the area occasionally? without knocking it? I know when I first had it fitted it was normal but after 4 months should I be mentioning it?

hey hun, i had a c-section, & i know what you mean about the numb sensation i had that the frst few months, but to be honest ive not had any problems since, and its almost like i never had it done tbh! im not too sure about the contraceptive quest! hopefully the other ladies can help u on that one!!! xoxo

hey there
I too am not sure about the contraceptive q, but had a section and was a bit numb, still a little but not much. pain shouldnt be normal but maybe it is just the body readjusting?

I had c section and get numb and sore especially when Lucy tries to bungee off my tummy. My gp says it can take up to 9 months to feel completely normal . As for implant I've only had for a month but no bruising now, maybe go get it checked out just to be safe. Do u catch or knock it?? Sorry can't help any more xx

Me too! Exacltly the same! When I look at and feel my tummy I could just cry! It feels repulsive! Is lumpy and numb and yes at times itchy! Poor us hey?! X

Me too! Exacltly the same! When I look at and feel my tummy I could just cry! It feels repulsive! Is lumpy and numb and yes at times itchy! Poor us hey?! X

I still feel like this and mine was 3 years ago. I've been referred to a plastic surgeon to hopefully have my scar repositioned x

Hiya

I had an emergency section too and mine is still numb. There is just a small part above my scar that is numb now and I fear it will always be like that. It doesn't bother me until I get waxed and then it really upsets me for some reason.

My scar itches sometimes, but it probably doesn't help that I've been back on the sunbeds lol

C-section is really serious surgery and is gonna take a while for the body to recover from xxxxxxx

:hugs:

The first time I looked at myself after mine Oscar was about 5 weeks old and I cried so much, then looked at my baby and cried even more for feeling guilty for wanting my pre-preggo body back. He's worth it though.

Now I going running most days and my body is slowly getting back to itself. I'll always have a c-section belly, but as it gets smaller I'm more confident about it.

xxxxxxxx

I asked my MW about the numbness and she said you never really get it back x

My LO is over 10 months old and the feeling is starting to come back. It was MEGA itchy and burning(prob just from me scratching) when the feeling started to come back, it was like the nerves were on fire or something, not on the scar but above it on my abdomen where it was numb. Bloomin section, nowt but trouble, I have no idea why people pay for them privately :doh:

the scar occasionally itches, normally if its hot weather. I hope youre not too uncomfortable with it still. It does take a long time to heal xxx

Aww it's lovely to hear others feel the same! Even tho I didn't start this thread thanks for support! Im terrified about having another baby incase I got to have another c section?! Also had gall bladder out the yr before so my tummy just looks like a jigsaw :-(
It's funny bcos the state of your stomarch after was something nobody told me! Not even my mum, I can remember crying saying to her "why didn't you warn me" haha! X

Aww it's lovely to hear others feel the same! Even tho I didn't start this thread thanks for support! Im terrified about having another baby incase I got to have another c section?! Also had gall bladder out the yr before so my tummy just looks like a jigsaw :-(
It's funny bcos the state of your stomarch after was something nobody told me! Not even my mum, I can remember crying saying to her "why didn't you warn me" haha! X

I was/am upset about my stomach too. It's funny though coz even though now I know what it does to my body I really want another baby lol. Even though my body will be even worse after the 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back