Donate blood..??

Tulips

Reaction score
Good morning ladies!

I'm brand new to the forums, so big hi to everyone first!)

My question is; is it alright to donate blood while TTC? Apparently it is, but I feel a bit iffy about it tbh... maybe someone has some advice to give?

~Tulips

havent a clue hun
Hva eyou tried on the website for info on it?
I would love to give blood butcant because i had to get a blood transfussion during my first pregnancy :( But OH givs blood every 3 months i think very highly of the people who do donate blood, its a pricless gift
so hugs and thankyou to everyone who does give blood
:hug: :hug: :hug:
xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Tulips

You are not allowed to give blood if you are pregnant or in the first year after giving birth.
If I were you I would steer clear whilst TTC as there will be days in your cycle you won't actually know if you are pregnant or not.
I actually gave blood when I thought I was safe as I had my AF...so I thought. It turned out it was implantation spotting and I was pregnant. I actually miscarried that pregnancy, although I now know that I have a condition that can result in pregnancy loss, I always wonder if me giving blood at around 4 weeks gestation contributed to that particular loss.
My personal opinion is that it is not worth the risk, however low it may be.

I continued to give blood whilst TTC, but did wonder at the time whether it was safe. I would only do it in the first half of your cycle if you know you are definatly not - don't risk it after OV.

I feel really guilty about not being able to give now, or for a year after birth, but I have developed a cunning plan to get my sister to do it instead :D . she currently doesn't, but (after a bit of emotional blackmail and heart string pulling!) she agreed she would as I can't. That way the blood bank doesn't miss out, and hopefully she will continue with it afterwards and so there will be more in the future. I might try it on a few other family members as well, now I'm thinking about it............

Good luck with TTC
andrea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back