Does your company offer enhanced maternity pay?

mandspice

Reaction score
I get an extra 10 weeks at 90% - so 16 weeks at 90% and 23 at £112. And the extra doesn't have to be paid back if you don't return to work.

What do everyone else's companies offer?

I get 6 weeks at full pay and then 20 weeks at half pay plus £112 on top of it, so not too bad :D

i get 6 weeks of average full pay, 12 weeks 50% of full pay and the next 21 are at £112.

X

I get 13 weeks full pay then statutory maternity pay. But because I am entitled to holidays and as a teacher I don't get a choice about when to take them I will get Easter holidays, maternity pay then summer holidays so in total I get 21 weeks full pay :dance: We timed baby well :D

And was your baby actually planned Kalia, you got a bloody good deal there didnt you

:D

Our plan had actualy been to have baby at the end of August or beginning of September so my maternity leave would start at the end of the school holidays but I would get 6 weeks off on holiday before baby came. But everyone said to us that we couldn't plan things that accurately and that you don't just get pregnant satraight away so we started ttc early. And got pregnant straight away :rotfl: I'm really pleased though as I'd much prefer to have baby in spring and have summer together :D

Weall at least you wont suffer if we have a warm summer!! Congratulations

I get 12 weeks full pay, 6 weeks half pay then the rest at SMP. I accrue hols while I'm off and we also get returner bonuses. After you work your first full calendar month you get a double wage, then you get another one after 6 months.

kalia said:
I get 13 weeks full pay then statutory maternity pay. But because I am entitled to holidays and as a teacher I don't get a choice about when to take them I will get Easter holidays, maternity pay then summer holidays so in total I get 21 weeks full pay :dance: We timed baby well :D

Kalia! How'd you manage this? I'm a teacher too and I've been told that if I take leave up to October (6 months from my due date in April, I'm finishing at Easter) then I'll lose the Spring holidays (because we have Easter weekend seperate this year and I don't want to be working up to 39 weeks!) and the summer holidays. SNCT says we can only claim 2 days for each full week of holiday missed up to a max of 10 days a year.

If there's a way for me to save my summer holiday pay let me know!!

Does anyone know, when you get the enhanced pay (so in my case 10 extra weeks at 90%) is this instead of or as well as the SMP of £112 per week?

You are entitled to the holiday pay because you have worked all year. Or at least that's what my school told me. I'm not technically starting maternity leave until the first day after the Easter holidays. Then I get 13 weeks maternity pay at full pay. One of those weeks is the first week of the summer holidays so I lose a week of summer holiday pay as it can't be put on later. But because I accrue time they will pay me for one week of the October holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back