Does Anyone Know ?

mishm

Reaction score
Hi,Well as some of you know i had medical miscarrige on 10th of may with my baby that had passed away at 16 weeks,as this was my 2nd m/c in the space of 6 months and that it was into the 2nd tri that it happened i had blood tests done on me and a postmortem and tests on the baby,i just wondered if anyone had experienced this and how long did it take for the hospital to see you with the results ?
I think it said on all the forms i had to fill in that it takes 6 weeks or something for when they test babys blood for them to get results,and all the other tests they carry out i think it takes 6 weeks but just wondered if any of you have had this and how long did it take for them to contact you ?

mishm, im so sorry to hear of ur loss, i also had my 2nd m/c on the 10 may but mine was only 4-5 weeks, some tests takes longer to come back than others i think if they need to look throughly into wot has caused this to happen it can take a bit longer i really hope u get ur answers very soon as its so much pain waiting. your in my thoughts take care of urself, please let us know when u get ur results
Love puppy :hug: :hug:

Thanks,just wasnt sure if anyone else had experienced this and maybe had an idea of how long it took to get results and stuff back.Well its been 6 weeks now and hopefully it wont be too much longer because i think i need a bit of closure now if u know what i mean ?

Have you tried ringing the hosp. and chasing it up? Only they might not contact you if all's clear, but only contact you if they find anything wrong. But if nothing obviously 'wrong' has been found, they might only tell you it's been done, if you ring and nag them, if you see what I mean.

Someone told me once that you often have to nag when it comes to hospitals, as when it comes to you personally, they are never going to prioritise your health as much as you do :)

If i dont hear anything by end of next week i'll ring them up it was 6 weeks yesterday when i went in to have the medical management and all the forms and stuff i had to sign i read them through and it tells all the details of what they test for on the baby not pleasant reading but it does say for some of the blood tests they do take up to 6 weeks.They was going to give me an appointment with the consultant to let me know either way what they found even if nothing but i will chase up next week if i hear nothing before hand.

hi hun well you know i went through the same kind of thing recently, and it was about 6 weeks give or take might have been a little longer im not sure.

Hope that helps and you get your results soon, :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back