• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone else feel like this???

Valley Girl

Reaction score
I am coming up 9 weeks pregnant, I fell first month of trying and I feel extremely lucky.

BUT...

I feel absolutely dreadful! I feel sick ALL of the time, I feel exhausted, I feel highly emotional and extremely inadequate. It's so weird because I am thrilled to be pregnant, I just feel SO unwell. I feel unsexy and bloated which is not helping my self esteem. And then I feel guilty because I should be jumping for joy and ecstatic at our good news.

Surely I can't be alone???

Hi Valley Girl,

Thank goodness you wrote this post! For the past week or two, i've felt dreadful, but this weekend, worse than ever. All I've done is shout, cry and lie around, feeling sorry for myself. I feel a mess, the housework has gone to pot, and I seriously thought I was having some sort of mental breakdown yesterday. :wall: My little girl even said the other day that she wants her "old mummy back" :(

I've been TTC this baby for about 2 years and thought I'd had a m/c last week, so I "should" be feeling ecstatic that I'm pregnant, but I was crying to my partner yesterday that I don't want to be pregnant at all/that I wish I'd never got pregnant. Of course, I don't mean it (though yesterday, I felt as though I did).

I feel better today. I think it must be these pesky hormones :x

I'll be 13 weeks on Wednesday and up until week 11, I had been feeling okay. I don't know where all these emotions/feeling dreadful has appreared from in the last couple of weeks. I thought you were supposed to start feeling better after week 12?

I hope you feel better soon. Try to remember it's not forever. One day you'll be feeling as though you don't want to be pregnant, another, you'll wonder what you were stressed about - it's a real rollercoaster, even for us "old-timers". I suppose some people might see such mood swings/feeling terrible as a "good" sign - it shows we have plenty of those pregnancy hormones causing all of this havoc!

Take care,
Wendy
xxxx

I need to agree with you both :?

I have been terrible this pregnancy, worse than any of the others.....my most recent loss was in october last year so i feel guilty for feeling so miserable. I know i am so chuff and excited about this baby, but all this sickness, emotions and tiredness is getting me down at times.
The housework..... well when i have good hours...not days...i do what i feel like, as it will be there long after this period has passed.
My poor other half, listens to me moan and slouch etc...... I have told him.....and i DO mean it (today anyway :lol: ) that if this pregnancy doesn't work out this time then i can't and don't want to try again...... i hate these hormones and the emotions attached. :x

But i hold on to the fact that it WILL Pass.....one day I'll just feel better, that will be it...... :clap: then all this horrible guilt, sickness, hormones, tiredness, bloating etc will be a distant memory...and won't seem anywhere near as bad.

I hope this helps and you know your not alone..but it will pass soon sweetheart...in the mean time, be good to you...treat yourself.... Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

No i think you're normal. I was exactly the same, I'm sort of getting better now, but its just your hormones all over the place. I cried about everything- I cried once because I couldnt find the sky remote :roll:

Fianlly my sickness has started to ease off now unless I don't eat often and then it creeps back. Hope you feel better soon babs :D

WendyWandy said:
Hi Valley Girl,

My little girl even said the other day that she wants her "old mummy back" :(

I know my 4 year old said 'I want you to be like the good old days'. I dont't know if this is funny or sad :(

i was as sick as a dog til the day i had all three of mine,but they were all born 9lb plus and perfectly healthy

OMG that's exactly how I've been feeling. I'm absolutely over the moon, but I am SO sick. besides I've got a dissertation to write for uni and other thnigs going on - it seems like a lot to take in at once. but we just have to be strong. Good luck and take care

Thanks, all of you.

I'm so so glad that I'm not going mental! Well I am, but you guys are too!!! I can't remember what energy feels like? And what is it like to be able to eat whatever you want? I hope I get reminded soon.

Vic xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back