• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doctor being useless!

VickiH

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

I went to the doctors today to see what they could do about my symptoms. He agreed that it was more than likely that I am/was pregnant even though the one urine test they did was negative. Over the weekend I've had severe cramps and back ache so he did an internal and said he couldnt feel anything in there.
He said he'd like to send me for an early scan and would get back to me once he'd spoken to the hospital.

He called an hour ago though and told me the doctor at gyno said that whilst an ultrasound would be nice they didnt have the resources for non risk patients to go in for early scans and so he thought it best I just wait and see what happens.

I wasnt offered a blood test so cant say for sure that I am/was pregnant and one guy not feeling anything doesnt confirm to me that I'm not pregnant! I've only had a little bit of spotting so I'm sure I've not misscarried, and if I was it would be about 7 weeks in now! All I've been told is to go back to the doctor in a month if I still feel the same!

Anyone been through anything similar?

I think that's really bad, they could have at least offered you a blood test! I'm hoping this isn't the case for you, but 2 years ago I was pregnant and when I went for my 12 week scan they found ou the baby had died VERY early on, so early that it wasn't even visible on an U/S scan. I'd had no bleeding or cramping and had had all the pregnancy symptoms eg nausea, sore bbs. I'd had a positive hpt but I didn't take one until very late on because i didn't want to believe I was pregnant at that time. I hope this isn't whats happening to you, and it's not exactly the same situation as you find yourself in but I thought I'd share it with you. Hope everything turns out to be okay :hug:

I'm sorry you had to go through that poppy160. :hug:

I know I can cope with anything once I know what I'm facing, it's just not knowing that's slowly sending me mad!!

Well I hope you find out soon, I couldn't imagine anything worse than constant BFNs and no AF. I really can't believe you haven't had a blood test if the doctor thinks you are or were pregnant, surely that would come before an early scan? :?

You'd think so, wouldnt you? :lol: I'm keeping an eye on the first tri forum now to symptom spot in there!

haha thats a very good idea actually! When I was trying to concieve I never went in there, for some reason it felt wrong, lol.

Thats pants isn't it. I would demand he does a blood test or change doctors :shakehead:

If no period shows up this week then I will. I constantly feel like it's going to arrive any second especially with the back ache and cramping but I know from reading other posts on here that just because I feel it could be here soon it doesnt mean it will!

I had some brown spotting yesterday but that's gone now!

i did 3 home tests all positive and then went to the dr who did a urine test as well but said blood tests were uneccesary with that many positive home tests.theyre great arent they!!!good luck hun

Thanks love! I finally get my blood test done on Wednesday!!

:hug: good luck with everything, I can imagine you feel really fed up hun. hope you get an answer soon.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back