Do you feel like a 'cheat' if you have pain relief?

I had gas and air and a shot of diamorphine.

Had i needed further pain relief i would have had it and had i not needed any, i wouldnt have had any!

You've just got to go with the flow and have what you need when you need it.

Everyones pain threshold is different and each labour is different. I laboured overnight and had my lil man in the morning. However had i been in labour for 36 hours my choice of pain relief may well have been different!

XX

I had gas and air and a shot of diamorphine.

Had i needed further pain relief i would have had it and had i not needed any, i wouldnt have had any!

You've just got to go with the flow and have what you need when you need it.

Everyones pain threshold is different and each labour is different. I laboured overnight and had my lil man in the morning. However had i been in labour for 36 hours my choice of pain relief may well have been different!

XX

I agree 100% a under two hour labour is a hell of a lot different to a 36 hour labour i would be taking the lot lol x

I think if you want it and need it use it. Why not aye?
I dont get the moms to be that are dead against it and preach how its not natural blahhblahh' ..
Have not yet given birth expecting it to be painful and tiring if i feel i need it i shall bloody well use it lol.

I think the other downside of an epi is the fact it might not work which is what happened me so i had a numb left leg. I had to survive on gas and air and i mean survive it was excruciating and i think what made it worse was i made the choice of not being able to be mobile and now i was in pain & not mobile. Ive nothing against epidurals but next time il try something else first.

Also i read in one of the quotes that u have to stay longer in hospital after an epi which isnt true. The catheter is taken out before you give birth & once you have given birth and pee'd your fine. I could of gone after 6 hours but had to wait until the following morning as a doctor from our local surgery has to come check baby before your discharged & i gave birth on a sunday. That so called 'check' cost me £102 !

I didn't have a choice as I had to have a c-section. Part if my felt a cheat for having a section but I had no choice but when I discovered how long it took to recover, and the setback I had with retained placenta - that thought soon went out my head.

I didn't know what I wanted as she was my first.
I had one hour of gas and air when going from 8 to 10cm. But for the beginning and the end I had nothing.

I didn't find it that bad but I did hypnotbirthing and it helped massively.

Only you know what you want

I have to have a section because of medical reasons. I don't feel like I've been cheated out of anything at all. If I could have a vaginal birth I would try tens, water etc, but I wouldn't hesitate to have pain relief if I needed it, and I wouldn't feel like a failure! If it's all over in a few hours I think you are substantially less likely to need every pain relief going, if your induced or have a long labour then I think most women would need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back