Do all babies do this...?

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hello...
Some days Hannah will eat all 3 meals really well....she will finish everything and open up when the spoon approaches her mouth and then other days (like today!) it's an absolute fight with every mouthful....

I am guessing it is normal and if they are tired etc this can affect how well they eat...or if they are teething...?

everyone else find this?

xx

Sounds normal Hun. Even now oz has days when he's really fussy xx

Yea my two both did it! I wish they would now like! All I ever hear is that they're hungry!

K is like this too. She just got her first tooth and for the two weeks before it cut through, she refused to eat anything by spoon and got really upset wehn I tried to feed her. The day it cut through she went back to eating normally, although still has a meal every few days that she just isn't interested in.

I was just going to start a similar thread. J has been quite fussy with food this week. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks a change in how he eats stuff. He has to decide he likes it taking a tiny little taste before eating it. If he doesn't like it he'll literally clamp his mouth shut and lean as far back as possible. I'm assuming that this is a development stage (he's 8.5 months old)?! I really don't want a fussy eater and have done my best to give him lots of variety. We are doing BLW but there have been some days where he's preferred to take it off a spoon rather than feed himself :wall: I really don't want to go down the line of coaxing him or tricking him into eating stuff. I don't want mealtimes to become a thing iykwim. Any tips or even reassurance would be great.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Yeah max does this - he differs everyday on what he will eat and how much he will eat. Think its normal, I just try give more milk on the days he doesn't wanna eat xxx

Yes, Emily is exactly the same. Some days she gollops everything down - other days it's such an effort to get her to have just a couple of spoonfuls. If she's tired then mealtimes are a total disaster! X

I was just going to start a similar thread. J has been quite fussy with food this week. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks a change in how he eats stuff. He has to decide he likes it taking a tiny little taste before eating it. If he doesn't like it he'll literally clamp his mouth shut and lean as far back as possible. I'm assuming that this is a development stage (he's 8.5 months old)?! I really don't want a fussy eater and have done my best to give him lots of variety. We are doing BLW but there have been some days where he's preferred to take it off a spoon rather than feed himself :wall: I really don't want to go down the line of coaxing him or tricking him into eating stuff. I don't want mealtimes to become a thing iykwim. Any tips or even reassurance would be great.

Wow, I could have written this word for word! Jasper is just the same and same age of course!

I have a set of stacking cups which we play with during meal time. He gets so absorbed i can keep shovelling food in without him barely noticing, he just opens his mouth. I dont want to do this all the time as I think he should be thinking about food and not eating without noticing (like a porker in front of the tv) but it helps reasurre me on the days when he is being picky that he's getting enough.

You do have to have patience of saint though to keep picking the cups off the floor over and over and over and over.........

i stick mickey mouse on if i need to do some shovelling...lol..Hubby tells me off but sometimes its the only way i can get enough into her! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back