disneyland paris

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
Has anyone been to disneyland paris if u have been where did u stay and wot was it like???

were hopefully taking Bray and i have been told to find out the best place ot stay lol

I have been 3 times!

I loved it. Its been a while since i have been but a few of my friends have taken their little uns since then and have said its ace.

I cant really advise where to stay cos i was staying in Paris at the time and got the train in so I cant be much help there but if you can afford it I think the main disney hotel is meant to be ace

Have a great time! :hug:

Only years ago so not much help sorry

But its amzing :D

I have been twice and I love it! We are planning to go next December already!

We have been on the cheap both times,

The first time was 7 yrs ago and we stayed in the Santa Fe, which is the cheapest Disney Hotel, it was very nice, 2 double beds in the room, very clean etc. It is a little way from the park (5 mins on free bus), but the buses run really frequently. As it is a Disney hotel we got into the park an hour early, had breakfast in there (included) and got on the rides early.

We went again 2 yrs ago and stayed in the Kyriad hotel, which is not a Disney hotel. Again it was very nice, double bed and bunk beds in the room, reasonable buffet breakfast. It was probably a bit further out than the Santa Fe, but only by a couple of mins, but the buses weren't as good, they didn't seem to run as often and were often a bit of a crush to get onto.

When we go next year we are planning to stay in either the Newport Bay club or the Sequoia lodge as they are both within easy walking distance of the park and have a pool etc.

We went last year and stayed in the santa fe, It was fine and I really wouldnt advise a more expensive hotel as you will prob find you dont spend much time in it anyway!
We're going back next year it's fantastic!!!!
hope you have a great time when you go :)

We stayed at the cheyenne ranch which was cool :D last october although i wouldnt go to paris again if we were to go again we would save and go to america.. it cost us over 1k just for 3 days.. food was really expensive and not very nice.. but charlotte loved it..

I went twice when I was living in Paris and it was great :cheer:
Try and stay in one of the Disney hotels if you can... they're more expensive than budget hotels which are a bit further but they're so close to the entrance of the park that you'll save time and money on public transports :D

I have been 5 times and should be going again at Christmas.

First and second times I was about 12, we stayed at Disneys Davy Crocket Ranch.

Third went with an ex and stayed in a hotel in a little village just outside the resort. Many of those hotels, incl ours have regular mini bus runs to and from the park.

Fourth took OH in 2006 for his Christmas presents. Booked an all in coach trip from 3 days- spent one in the park and the rest travelling/sightseeing in Paris - the illuminations at Christmas are amazing!

Fifth took my friend in June 2007 and went on the same trip as above -both times stayed in an Ibis in Paris.

If you do book a Disney hotel, they all have the magic of the characters roaming around for the kids, and are all very very close to the park (Davy Crokett the exception, being a bit of a drive) but the all within easy reach to pop back in the evening and enjoy the Disney Village nightlife and retaurants.

The Disney Studios section is getting a lot better too, so a combine ticket for the both can be good value.

Oh, and use the fast track tickets as much as you can! In peak times/good weather, queues can be long -especially for rides for smaller kids.

Oooh onl a couple of months til we go back! Can't wait!! :cheer:

My stepdad took all the grandchildren (and their parents :D ) 5 years ago for my mum's 60th. We were spoilt rotten and stayed in the Disneyland Hotel (the big pink one!!).

I have to be honest and say Dave and I werent really looking forward to it - Han and Josh were 16 and 14 at the time and my neices were 6, 8 and 10. We had a ball :D From the moment we pulled up outside (and they took our suitcases out of the boot for us) till the moment we left 4 days later we were treated like royalty!! It took about 10 minutes for us to revert to children - everytime a disney character walked past we were so excited - we even got autograph books of our own :rotfl: :rotfl:

The rooms were amazing, but be warned my youngest niece helped herself to the chocolate bar from the fridge and it was about £7 if I remember rightly!! Drinks in the hotel were very very expensive but as that was all we were paying for it was not too much of an issue for us. The buffet meal in an evening was magical - my oldest neice has cerebral palsy and although she can walk she cannot talk but signs and they were so lovely to her (hmmmm hormones kick in as I have a little sob remembering it!!) .

The pool was tiny in this hotel but it is indoors which was great as although we went in the summer it was not that warm - did have an interesting encounter with a couple in the hottub one morning though :D Luckily my youngest neice seemed to cool their ardour somewhat :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was such a treat and we were able to wander in and out of the main park as we wanted but to be honest as adults the hotel made it for us.

Having gone with some reluctance we were both blown away with the whole thing - I would say if its a special occasion trying to get a deal in the Disneyhotel would be the way to go - I think they do some packages for 1 night 2 days and it will blow your mind........

Jane x

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, its handy to stay onsite if you can as you can walk to the parks and have a walk round at night. We went in early December afew years ago and it was fab, we were like big kids!
Would defo go again

We got back from Disney on Tues. and stayed at the Thomas Cook Explorers hotel which is good in itself, a good pool with slides etc for the kids (was a bit cold tho.) a soft play area, baby gym, arcade etc etc Its 5 mins in the free shuttle bus but this does get packed & only run every 20 mins in the off peak season, we always managed to get on a bus but with a 2 1/2yr old, a buggy, bag & me being 6 months pregnant wasn't too comfy, luckily a couple of times people gave up their seat for me, the rest I suddenly became invisible!! but on the whole not too bad. We did say tho. if we went back we would stay at the Disneyland Hotel as it is right next door, the other disney hotels are 10-15 min walk or bus ride away.
Disney hotels are more expensive than the others outside the park area ( they do however tend to include your tickets into the parks where the hotels outside don't) but if you shop around i'm sure you can find good deals.
We booked ours through Airmiles as we had free flights with them, have a look on the internet as well as travel agents to get the best deals or go direct.

There is a Disneyland coach that picks you up at the airport. You have to get on a shuttle bus to the bus stop first then wait for the coach, we waited 10 - 15 mins for the coach for it to get full then had to wait a further 20 mins for another one so wasn't too inpressed with that. You pay for the coach as you get on ( not the best way of doing things in my booked, as you can imagine there was a scramble to get on the coach, wasn't very organised at all) if you did go by coach have Euro's, we tired to pay by card on the way home & the machine refused all cards, luckily the hotel had a cashpoint. It was about 17 Euros each, jamie was free.
To take a taxi its about 80euros (thats what it said at out hotel anyway).

I will say take comfy shoes, my feet still hurt!! also i would go mid week not at the weekend as it will be cheaper in the week & the parks are alot quieter. We went on the Sunday & it was almost unbearable, the monday was much better & alot of the rides we only had to wait 5-10 mins instead of 30 - 45 mins.

Hope this helps a bit, any questions feel free to ask! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back