• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DH in a strop

monster_munch

Reaction score
As you may know, we bought a miniature pony for my daughter (and me :lol: ) at the beginning of August. Problem was, we had nowhere to keep her nearby, so a friend helped me out and she is kept with her horses, nearly an hours drive away. Because she is a mate and our pony is small, she only charges us £30 a month livery (if we weren't mates it would be £60), which as those with experience of livery charges will know, is blumming cheap!

Just found a lovely place nearby - lovely owner, fabulous place, just perfect - and it's £75 per month, including straw and hay and use of an all weather menage. I thought - great - not too expensive. But hubby is now in a HUGE stress saying it's alot of money (granted it's not cheap compared to £30, but still!) and it all seems to be spiraling. Now apart from livery fees - all our pony needs is her feet trimming occasionally and her jabs and worming.

He doesn't see anything wrong in spending £200 on a new coat and trainers for him, even though he didn't need them, but when it's something I instigated, suddenly it's a real hassle. I know he brings in the money, but I thought it was 'our' money.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I reckon he's got PMT or something, whatever it is I'm close to slapping him :evil: I just asked if he needed me to do anything to help make tea etc and he said "No - I'll do it" bluddy martyr - he'll know have a bigger strop saying I never do anything :roll:

Free husband for sale.
(Sorry for rant)

Can't suggest anything about spending £200 on clothes for himself...but I know that my hubby gets into a strop worrying about money and doesn't sleep.

I would understand if money were particularly tight, but I wouldn't have got the pony if we couldn't have afforded it and we discussed it all before I got her.

I'm sure an evening of 'special cuddling' once DD has gone to bed will chill him out but I'm not sure if I can be bothered :lol:

Well, he went to bed at 7pm.
Frankly I'm glad he went to bed- I really don't know what has gotten into him but he is being so... ARGHHHH. (that's the only word I could think of!)

When he's like this I really wish I didn't love him so much. I want to shout at him and tell him that I tip toe around him EVERY day to try and prevent him from getting into one of these strops. I hold my tongue so much and there are so many times when I am so angry and frustrated but I cover it up with a smile so that I don't bring him down - he couldn't give two hoots about how I'm feeling. Moaning that he is tired - funny that he didn't hear our daughter wake up at 3am crying because she had undone her nappy and wee'd everywhere - leaving me to clean everything up and sort her out alone. I know he works hard and I so appreciate what he does, but my job is 24 hours a day and I get paid £40 a month tax credits and if I need anything else I have to ask him. If he got paid about 5p an hour I doubt he would stick at his job very long!

Sorry for the mammoth post - I am so angry with him right now and really really upset. I'm left sat down here like a frickin' lemon, when I should be enjoying my weekend with the man I love :(

monster_munch said:
Well, he went to bed at 7pm.
Frankly I'm glad he went to bed- I really don't know what has gotten into him but he is being so... ARGHHHH. (that's the only word I could think of!)

When he's like this I really wish I didn't love him so much. I want to shout at him and tell him that I tip toe around him EVERY day to try and prevent him from getting into one of these strops. I hold my tongue so much and there are so many times when I am so angry and frustrated but I cover it up with a smile so that I don't bring him down - he couldn't give two hoots about how I'm feeling. Moaning that he is tired - funny that he didn't hear our daughter wake up at 3am crying because she had undone her nappy and wee'd everywhere - leaving me to clean everything up and sort her out alone. I know he works hard and I so appreciate what he does, but my job is 24 hours a day and I get paid £40 a month tax credits and if I need anything else I have to ask him. If he got paid about 5p an hour I doubt he would stick at his job very long!

Sorry for the mammoth post - I am so angry with him right now and really really upset. I'm left sat down here like a frickin' lemon, when I should be enjoying my weekend with the man I love :(

don't let a miniture pony come between you chick :lol: :rotfl:

Give him a slap :lol: :lol:

My ex was the same constantly though, never liked me spending money as he was the only one who worked! Times different now as I work and earn more than sean!

Oh dear. My OH always complains when I spend "too much" on the horses. I'm quite lucky that I can keep my horses at home on the farm, but he really moaned before I took my mare off the grass livery! I don't think he'd ever approve of me moving them back to a livery yard either.....and I really miss it sometimes!

Personally I do think £75 a month for a minature is pretty expensive. It may include all your hay and straw, but minatures don't exactly use much!! As for the all weather arena, if your daughter is on lead rein still, she's hardly going to be getting the benefits of it really. It's not going to make a difference to her or the pony at this age if it's a field or a school....unless you're making plans for Olympia already :D

If it were a normal sized horse that you were going to ride too, I'd say my god woman go for it....however for a wee guy I think you're better off on the £30.

Give OH a slap though......doesn't he realise as she get's older then paying livery for one pony each month is going to be nothing compared to the fact that you'll need a horse, she'll need a bigger pony, you'll have to buy a trailer to go to shows together, pay entry fees, buy all the lates fashionable equestrian clothing for you both. Plus he'll never see you at weekends again!! He's got it easy at the moment :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tell you what... I'll swap yours for mine... Mine made me sleep on the sofa last night cos he got wasted... :roll: AND I had to make the tea this morning... :wall:

:wave:

Hope things are better this morning.

If not....I've just read in the adult section that you know exactly what to do to cheer him up and get your own way again :wink:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

**C** said:
Oh dear. My OH always complains when I spend "too much" on the horses. I'm quite lucky that I can keep my horses at home on the farm, but he really moaned before I took my mare off the grass livery! I don't think he'd ever approve of me moving them back to a livery yard either.....and I really miss it sometimes!

Personally I do think £75 a month for a minature is pretty expensive. It may include all your hay and straw, but minatures don't exactly use much!! As for the all weather arena, if your daughter is on lead rein still, she's hardly going to be getting the benefits of it really. It's not going to make a difference to her or the pony at this age if it's a field or a school....unless you're making plans for Olympia already :D

If it were a normal sized horse that you were going to ride too, I'd say my god woman go for it....however for a wee guy I think you're better off on the £30.

Give OH a slap though......doesn't he realise as she get's older then paying livery for one pony each month is going to be nothing compared to the fact that you'll need a horse, she'll need a bigger pony, you'll have to buy a trailer to go to shows together, pay entry fees, buy all the lates fashionable equestrian clothing for you both. Plus he'll never see you at weekends again!! He's got it easy at the moment :rotfl: :rotfl:

It isn't cheap for a mini you're right, but with him working away a bit and me with a toddler and a bump, I can't cope with the travelling all that way :(
To put it in perspective, the lady I bought the pony off was paying £35 a week :shock: it was the only yard nearby.. that's madness.

Oh, and things are better this morning thankfully.
He apologised in his own way (offering to wash my back in the shower!) so I forgiven him for now!

Plus we are going to put an advert up for a little helper to come down and groom the pony so I can have the odd day off going down there etc, which has made him happier.

monster_munch said:
Oh, and things are better this morning thankfully.
He apologised in his own way (offering to wash my back in the shower!) so I forgiven him for now!

Plus we are going to put an advert up for a little helper to come down and groom the pony so I can have the odd day off going down there etc, which has made him happier.

Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but are you one of us Aberdeen people??

i can guess that livery is cheaper where you are then than down south! Grass livery with a menage and hay etc included for a mini down here would be in the region of £120-160 a month. I think your livery is a bargain.

How on earth did you manage to get a pony, i want one again and hubby says no. :(

I used to pay £230 a month for diy livery with an sand school and stables and grazing and a short ride to the open forest. That was about par for the course and was 5 years ago so goodness knows what the price would be now. Mind you a 17hh sports horse does get through more hay than a mini.

If i am wrong and you are in the south i have a little girl who would love to come and groom and ride once a week. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back