• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Decorations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustMum

Reaction score
Eeeee I've been shopping! went to The Range and could of gone crazy! Only got a few bits because I've just ordered some bits off eBay as well to make the felt decorations. I'm going for the home made thing this year and doing a fused glass workshop in a few weeks and a willow workshop too to make a few things and I've got a few things from last year I made. Going to make some baubles too so I'll probably order those tonight.

Anyone else do home made decorations?

(the little brown decorations are cardboard and paige will decorate them :) )

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320075945.348317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320075945.348317.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 14
Some other bits for my tree! The glass ones are things I made last year, the other bits are from shops. I want to put the decorations up :brat:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320076614.907033.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320076614.907033.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320076693.014208.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320076693.014208.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
oo are you doing a withey workshop and using wet strength tissue paper? i did this with a drama club with my kids at school, so much fun we made massive set stuff but you can make loads with it!

No, whats that?! Im up for anything crafty! Im making everyone little felt stockings with their names on from Paige, so nanny and grandad etc and then little felt bags filled with sweets for he cousins.

I also went to tkmaxx today and took photos of some of the cushions they had there because they were so so simple to make! So thats on the to-do list as well. Are you making anything? I get a big excited with crafty things :blush:

withy is a name for the willow you can bend and make things out of then cover with wet strength tissue paper and create awesome stuff. i thought maybe when you said you were doing a wollow worskhop it would be withey (maybe still will be?) x

it has no 'e' just withy - google withy structures and you'll see :)

Ahhh ok! I have no idea what it will be like lol. It's just at a local wildlife centre. My mum always tries to find workshops around Christmas and came across that one. There's a group of 4 of us that go and do them. I'll let you know once I've done it!

OOh i love xmas, would love to make my own gifts etc. Might give it a go this year. Make some things for the kids to give as presents xx

Omg they all look so fab! I'm all excited now! I went to our garden centre yesterday and almost peed my pants with excitement! I want to get started on my salt dough, is it too early?!

Oh i never thought of salt dough decorations!! Thinking maybe getting some moulds to make chocolates/soaps and candles as gifts. Not sure yet though xx

I'm going to be doing chocolates again this year! Made some well yummy ones last time with peppermint and stuff!

I'm very creative but have never made my own xmas decs before! You've given me some ideas though :)

We have been to hobbucraft today and got some things to make our own chocolate lollies. Also bought a wreath to decorate. Think i might make some paper mache decorations too :)

There's a shop near me that you can paint pottery and they fire it for you. I made a plate with E's hand and footprint on at 1 year and a mug for my mum's 50th last week (again with e's handprint on)

When I was there last week they had baubells and tree decs that you could decorate! I'm so doing a few with e's handprints on for gifts and for our tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back