"De Clutter" Fest! Anyone care to join me?

dingdongbaby

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of a clean and tidy house and am exactly the same at work...I just always have 1 spot I let get messy! 1 long cupboard shelf at school and the spare room at home.

Problem is, when I clean these areas (basically every summer holiday!) I end up just being honest with myself and selling about 1/3 on Ebay, donating 1/3 to charity and bothering to put the rest away, fix it or chuck it!

I'm swearing to myself that this is the end of my unsightly areas (so to speak!) I took a huge bag to the charity shop last week, chucked loads out, have photos ready to get on Ebay tomorrow night (I always find Sunday night auction ends raise the most cash) and took another small bag to charity this morning.

LIBERATING but oh so tiring. I'm still very much of the mind that I'm not really pregnant until my 12 week scan due to my last MC...but whatever the calling of the empty room I'm enjoying having space for card making and wrapping presents without carrying all my supplies to the dining room table! I've just made a pass the parcel for our holiday party tomorrow! :)

Still got 1 toy tub and 2 bags of random items to sort through...then on to my wardrobe! If I don't love it and wear it it's gone...and if I stay pg...as I grow out of it if I'm not concerned about getting back into it...it's gone too!!!! I've inherited loads of bits and bobs from my mum and sister over the last year or 2 and I've generally not found/made time to shop for clothes when I need them even though I love a relaxing browse. Gonna fix that too.

Sorry! Long and pretty pointless post while I enjoy a cuppa. xxx

Thanks, I'm sitting here on a Saturday afternoon thinking I should have a declutter too and you've inspired me! The only thing is it involves getting stuff out of cupboards and we have a house viewing in a couple of hours as we're trying to sell! Ah well, I'll reread your post again afterwards and hopefully I'll be reinspired! Good luck with your sort out :)

Haha! I don't want to set off a chain of crazy (which is what my tidying looks like!...piles for each room, piles to donate, piles for Ebay etc...all over the floor and spewing out on to the landing!) when you're trying to sell! Good luck with your viewing :)
x

Afternoon, Im moving soon but have had to strip all the wallpaper off the new house including ceilings before we can even consider moving in. In my current house i think i have been decluttering for about 5 years lol, I dont think im ever going to get this house empty and clutter free for moving but I refuse to take 50% of this junk with me. The fella is a horder though so its going to be tough getting rid.

Finding doing anything really hard at the minute with this tiredness that has taken over the past few days x

Yes, that's generally what my decluttering ends up like too!! I've decided to do something positive with my day as we now have three viewings so I'm taking my wedding dress to be cleaned and boxed (only a year later than planned!) which actually frees up a large part of one of the said cupboards!!

I'm in the process of moving house so I'm decluttering as I pack :) I find it really hard to throw things away though :(

I need to pack up a load of things to go into storage so the flat looks presentable for valuation and viewings as we deffo need a bigger place with no 2 on the way! However pregnancy tiredness coupled with an energetic 2yr old is making it tricky! All I want to do is sleep at the mo! X

My intention is to join you on the decluttering but i desperately need my hubby to get our spare room decorated so i can move books, CDs and office stuff out of the general living areas. Its going to be a long, slow process but oh so worth it! Also need to be ruthless and stop keeping hold of tne random tat that i may one day use for crafting (ha! Like i'll have any more time with another little one)
Also, Smileygirl, thanks for reminding me, my wedding dress is still taking up a lot of space in a wardrobe and its our 2 year anniversary in December!

It's a long road, but we're all on it together! Hehe.
I've sat and listed 10 things on ebay...and have 6 ready for next month...so need to find 4 more things to get me up to my allowance then. :)

Going to stop for today though. Got to get some tea ready and I know at 8pm my brain and body stop recently!

I shall be decluttering after next Thursday as the housing association I rent off want to come check the flat out everything will be put in cupboards lol then sell sell sell xx

I might start doing this on my next day off. We bought this place a year ago in march & it seems as if we've been here 10 years.

I will join you Thursday ladies, my wardrobe needs it badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back