Day without kicking...

Jimmer

Reaction score
My wife has just come home and has not felt any kicking at all today.
Is this something others have experienced? LO has been pretty good at kicking when she lies down, and has been really active. If much longer without she is going to call midwife to ask them, but just wanted to put my mind at ease if others have noticed a sudden lack of kicking for a day or so....

Thanks all

Jimmer

I remember with my last pregnancy that my mw told me to phone the day clinic if I hadn't felt kicking so many times in a day but I think that was a lot later in my pregnancy, so it may be different.

If Mrs Jimmer is worried she should phone just to put her mind at rest, I'm sure they won't mind.

Sarah xxx

If you are concerned you should call the midwife. I would if I were you.
Baby might just be having a lazy day.

I had this the other week. I wasn't sure if I just hadn't noticed anything or if the baby really hadn't moved. I also wondered if I had got "used" to feeling the baby. I tried to stay calm that day but had decided to ring the midwife the next day if I didn't feel baby move in its "normal" pattern.

Thankfully baby moved the next day so panic over. It is really hard not to worry but give it till tomorrow - if she still hasn't felt anything then give the midwife a ring.

Oh there are things that apparently make the baby move, like eating Ice cream or having a fizzy drink - might be worth a go?

I had this once, i was told to drink something really cold as babies don't like it. It makes them move. Otherwise call the midwife.

Thanks all - I am sure baby will move soon, just wanted to know if others had had this.
Will give it till tomorrow morning, then maybe give them a call. She has gone to pregnancy yoga, so I have made her promise to text me if she feels anything!

Jimmer

i had this the other week and our baby consistently moves lots, like 30 times a day i feel something!
i had a day without and i was worried then i thought i felt a few small movement, that night in bed(seems to be babys favourite time) i felt a few more and over the next few days it built back up again, its hard not to worry, not sure why baby didnt move- maybe she wore herself out!
hope ur wife feels wriggling soon its probably nothing but a few kicks make u feel so much better!

There will be days where you (or should I say your wife) wont feel much movement but if Im completely honest with you, I would call someone without wasting too much time! :hug: Im not saying that too worry you or anything but I think its always best to be safe than sorry! :hug:

Often baby changes postion or is kicking into the placenta so movement can't be felt. Have you tried the cold drink and lying down for a bit to see if you can feel any movements, even if small ones? Babies still have room to move around a lot till the later weeks of second tri/early third tri.

I recall having days where I didn't feel LO. Also before about 28 weeks if I was active it used to make LO quiet. Seemed to like to sleep then or else my constant moving masked the baby movements. They were happening but I didn't notice them.

If you've done the cold drink and a lie down and not been able to feel a few movements then its worth calling your MW or maternity unit. They may ask you to come in for a check up. Usually most women go in and their LO's are bouncing around just fine but they are not feeling it. Better to get things checked out though if you are concerned.

I remember when I was carrying my daughter, the midwife told me I should experience at least 12 movements a day, at first it never felt like that many, so I started marking each movement I felt and it turned out to be well above that, although on some occasions she didn't move much at all, which always worried me. I would call the midwives for their advice, always best to get things checked out if your worried.

Hope it's all ok, I'm sure it is. :hug: x

Thanks all - luckily LO had a little kick just when we were deciding to give someone a call, and is back to usual active self today.

Thanks all for your reassurance!!!

Jimmer

Glad your baby has decided to start having a wriggle around again.

so glad baby is moving again :) have you thought about buying a doppler? it is my godsend, especially as my baby doesnt seem to be a very active baby and i dont feel her everyday - if i ever get worried or anything i use my doppler :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back