• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dating scan

KLR

Reaction score
Can you help?
We haven't told our parents yet (only 5 weeks) and do not want to tell them until we are sure as MC before. The prob is they travel to Oz at my 8/9 week stage for 6 months. So we want to tell them before they go

I am told there is a "dating" scan you can have in your early stages to confirm the pregnancy - or can a normal scan be done this early

Who do I ask about this? as you will see from other topic my doc was no help

Many thanks

You can have an early dating scan at any private clinic if you wanted to say check the heartbeat was in place and you were not carrying an empy sac type thing. I'm not sure how easy it is to get an early dating scan on the NHS though, with a past miscarraige you might qualify to have one done, speak to your GP or Midwife and see where you go from there. The baby's heartbeat can be found on a scan as early as 6 weeks (my first scan was 6.5 weeks and the beat was very evident and strong). I had that scan privately though so wouldn't know what the procedures were for an NHS scan referal.

If you wanted to wait till 12+ weeks although your family will be in Australia you could always set up a video link on the phone or internet while they are out there for a face to face talk or send a package (something baby related) with strict instructions to call you on it's arrival and not to open it untill you were on the phone to hear them do so type thing.

have the parcel sent to their house on a day later or something when u know their back. they open it and they be ringing you or yur bf/hugs with excitement :)

damn wish i thought of that would of been funny to see my mums face or hear her lol

i just couldnt get teh words out to my dad on msn but he knew i was pregnant from what i was saying lol he was like just say it lol

my nan amazingly from the way i was acting at her house turning down cups of tea etc knew i was pregnant.

my mum i told her on the phone i think in txt, shes excited but cause i miscarried in 05 is keeping it low but babys fine :)

i wish i htought of that tho with sending parcel maybe on baby #2 :)

id wait till they get back cause they looking forward to holiday tehn they be think oh no were returning to england now and if u brake that news to tehm when they get back then they be excited and happy again to hear more good news :)

my OH's parents didnt find out till xmas day cause she wondered why i werent having any wine so my OH told her and his dad was there and her sister. was happy moments and still is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back