Crippling stomach pains

jomc

Reaction score
Since I got up this morning I have had what I can only describe as extremely bad trapped wind pains, but really low down under my belly button and around the sides :-( TMI but have gone to the toilet without a problem.
It hasnt let up at all. Finding it difficult to walk as the pain can really catch my breath.
Have tried gaviscon, hot water, peppermint tea, going for a walk but have had no relief.
Have left work an hour early and going home to have a warm bath.
Pointless post but just wanted a moan :-(

Hi Hun pop to docs or phone your midwife
Also I've heard not to use hot water bottle as it raises your body temp. Fingers crossed you feel better soon xxx

Hi Hun pop to docs or phone your midwife
Also I've heard not to use hot water bottle as it raises your body temp. Fingers crossed you feel better soon xxx

Not using hot water bottles and that is only for tri 1 hun. But I would definitely suggest calling mw :) Probably just usual pregnancy pains but never hurts to get checked. Hope it stops soon xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies... feel like I need someone to jump on my stomach and expel out alot of air! Lol

my mum swears by bicarbonate of soda mixed in water to get rid of trapped wind. cant hurt to try it i guess

I thought mine was trapped wind becauses thats what it felt like but i didnt have trapped wind and could go to the toilet fine, i got mine checked today and turned out to be an UTI so i would def get it checked so you can start a course of anti biotics asap if it is xxx

Thx girls. Bath seems to have helped loads along with massaging my tummy so will see how i feel tomorrow xxx

Well, woke up still in pain. Have been to gp and I have a UTI :-(
Have been put on amoxicillen and am stocking up on the cranberry juice!

Well, woke up still in pain. Have been to gp and I have a UTI :-(
Have been put on amoxicillen and am stocking up on the cranberry juice!

amoxicillen is what theyve given me too, ive only taken 4 tablets so far and the pain seems to have worn off a lot so fingers crossed they are working!! hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks hun
I felt better even just having the prescription in my hand, knowing it wud be sorted soon. Funny how that happens isnt it?
GP also listened to babys heartbeart, which was fine. Even tho I have a doppler, it was so nice to hear :)

aw yeah always nice to hear isnt it :) glad its getting sorted! if youve been anything like me youll be thankful for a proper nights sleep once the anti biotics kick in!!

cant wait... kept waking up in pain during the night when I was trying to turn over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back