Cradle cap on eyebrows

Sherlock

Reaction score
Well, if his eyebrows had grown in yet it would be :lol: His head is just a thick mass of hair and more growing in already but his eyebrows are suffereing :roll:

I'm using Calendula on it there atm and while its keeping it from spreading its not healing up as I'd like. Maybe I'm impatient.

HV said she could get a script for Diprobase next week if it was not clearing up but I'd rather find a more natural way to clear it if I can being right over his eyes.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I've always used olive oil on cradle cap with great success.

Valentine Xxx

right, the thing with cradle cap is..its not what you wash it with, its how well you dry the scalp/eyebrows, you have to make sure you give the area a really, really good rub, its just a build up thats all.

Thanks for posting this Sherlock, Maia has the exact same thing but I didnt realise it was cradle cap, she doesnt have it on her scalp so I just though it was dry skin on her eyebrows.

I went online yesterday and bought some calendula cream to try, although it hasnt arrived just yet.

I have been supplementing my diet with probiotic as I have just finished antibiotics and didnt want to get thrush so this will be passed onto Maia through my milk, so hopefully I can prevent an infection.

Will try olive oil when she has her bath tonight.

Angel has Cradle Cap and my HV suggested olive oil. But my sister gave me some Boots cradle cap cream and i found it works wonders. Cleared most of it up in the 1st use.

Olive Oil and rubbing it with a soft flannel

Mine had it on his forehead...

HV suggested olive oil... worked great :)

Connie's started in her eyebrows / on her forehead at about a month old and has now spread to her scalp it mings.

The best thing we've found is baby oil on wet skin straight after the bath and olive oil at other times - and then I give it a good scrub with the wet flannel in the bath and loads of flakes drop off :puke:

It mings :puke:

DD had this i found the olive oil turned the dry skin yellow but maybe thats because i didnt rub it :think:

Shes had it recently on her forehead and i found that leaving it to dry out and fall off as worked the best with a bit of cream maybe overnight.

[quote="Charlie:)I went online yesterday and bought some calendula cream to try, although it hasnt arrived just yet. [/quote]

Calendula is great for loads of things so it'll come in handy I am sure :)

Olive oil seems to be working on our LO, but rather slowly :roll: Still its looking better than it did.

My LO had this on her eye brows too- I went to look at the cradle cap creams and they were approx 50% lanolin and 50% calendula- as I'm tight with my money I didn't see why I should buy more cream that was basically the same as the Lansinoh cream I had paid £10 for and wasn;t using so I put Lansinoh on her eyebrows and the cradle cap cleared up almost over night! It is a bit sticky but it stays in place doing its thing all night and really works. Used in conjunction with calendula cream I'm sure your LO will be great in no time! :hug:

I'll give that a go tomorrow morning as he is asleep now and I don't want to disturb.

I'm a bit peed as I bought that cream in readiness for breastfeeding and have only used it twice! So it'll be good to finally use it for something :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back