CPN anyone?

leckershell

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone here has, or has had a CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse) assigned to them?

I cried at my PND group on Tuesday and the Health Visitor and Midwife there couldn't believe I hadn't been assigned to a CPN (the other women all had one, and I have a history of bipolar and depression).

I have a doctors appointment next Wednesday to discuss referral. But I just wondered if anyone knew anything about the process and what happens? I know my old doctor said he didn't want to refer me or have it on my records because it would affect insurance and employment chances and I was too young to have that held against me??

Is there anything wrong with having a CPN..?

Just wanted to check really what I'm letting myself in for.

Don't really know anything about them...but have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: . If the other women at your group have them,it must be ok? maybe google them or something? :hug:

Well apparently they are just another person who comes and visits to see how you are and they are trained in counselling etc so aren't convinced when you say everything is ok if it's really not.

Just wondered what else there was to it really.

Thanks for the hugs :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back