Cows Milk

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Was talking to my mum about it this morning- Evie is 1 at the end of April so no plans to stop buying formula yet... conversation went something like:

Me: "Can't wait til April- fed up with paying £7.50 for a tin of SMA every week!"
Mum: "Why April?"
Me: "That's when she turns 1... :roll: "
Mum: "Oh, She has cows milk here fine though...."

:x So turns out my mum has already been giving her cows milk. It would only hav :x been one bottle out of 3/4 at max but I'm still a bit :? about it. What are the reasons for waiting til the first birthday?

they can have it on there breakfast from 6 months but i think its a year in a drink and its got some sort of bacteria in it they there belly cant break down very well in large amounts

i know people that have given it all the time from 6/7 months though so i wouldnt worry to much if she seems k
xx

She seems fine- we've used blue top milk on cereal and it cooking for a few months now but I wouldn't have given it to her instead of a bottle IYKWIM.

:x Mothers.

yes mothers indead mine tried giving Thomas lemonade :evil:

Just make sure it is blue top that they give her if they do it again as they need the fats from it rather then green milk
xx

Basically the reason they say 1 year because until then they should be getting most of their nutrients from breastmilk/formula where as after 1year they should be getting most of their nutrients from solids therefore it can be replaced with cows milk. Hope that helps x

I found out MIL was doing this :roll:

They need the nutrients and when she was going to MILs it was my only knowlage she was getting all her nutrietents :wall:

Think of it as a health shake - it has all the benefits and vitamins her body needs.

The Cow and Gate advery at the minute says you would have to drink 20litres of cows milk to get the same amout of iron that is in 2 bottles of the formula

Lexi wouldnt drink formula at all from 10/11 months and i couldnt force her so i had no choice but to try cows milk, but she hated that too! so i put crusha in it from then on and now shell drink it. She been on full solids since 7 1/2 months so she gets all her nutrients so i never worried about it x

Angel has a beaker of cows milk but with her meal. I was told i can do this as long as it's when i'm feeding her solids. She won't drink it really anyway, just a couple of sips. I don't replace feeds with it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back