council tax

trixipaws

Reaction score
u kno if u pay it by direct debit u get 2 months off? just wondered which months are those coz we got a feeling its march and april are we right? hope so coz got a £122 water bill and also millie's next car-seat to pay for its handy if we hav that £198 that would normally go on council tax

I think it is March and April, but it might be different in Scotland :think:

We've always had two months free. I think that it's February and March though. I might be wrong, if I am then I'm poo-ed! :lol:

Usually Feb and March and the new year starts in April. 10 monthly payments of whatever your council tax bill breaks down in to.

If you've paid the last 10 months you've paid for the whole year to April now anyways :)

We pay it at the offices, not direct debit, and get Feb and March off...as long as you're up to date with payments and you've paid them on time you should get the two months off as far as I know! x

I rang the council about this today cos I thought it was Feb and March but have been charged for Feb. They said it usually runs April - Jan so Feb and Mar are free but as we moved in in May last year ours is running from May - Feb. Mar will be free and then we'll start 10 months again from Apr xx

You could also check your local council website and see what they say there. I did that with ours and it lists the expected payment dates and the months that are not paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back