Cots & Radiators

superscj

Reaction score
my cot has to go quite near our radiator unless i lose the double bed from the room which i really didn't want to do as it has to double up as a guest room.

What are peoples thoughts on cots near radiators?

It's dangerous for young babies to overheat so personally I wouldn't put the cot right next to the radiator, or if I had to I would make ure the radiator only stayed on a low temperature. Could you put the bed next to the radiator and the cot where the bed is?

hi have you not got a TRV (thermostatic radiator valve) on the rad,that could be turned off,that way you can turn that rad off but still have your central heating on elsewhere in the house. :dance: lol cant you tell i work for a boiler company! :lol: :shhh:

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
hi have you not got a TRV (thermostatic radiator valve) on the rad,that could be turned off,that way you can turn that rad off but still have your central heating on elsewhere in the house. :dance: lol cant you tell i work for a boiler company! :lol: :shhh:

This is what we are going to do - have a temp monitor in there & have been testing it and works fine with heat coming from other rooms even in this recent cold weather. Cant move cot away from radiator as a small room so this is the best option

Now we are expecting, we have gotten rid of our double bed and bought an double air-bed (with pump for £25) that inflates/deflates in 2/3 mins. As it is slightly smaller than a standard double bed it should fit in with your cot on another wall, or even in your living room. Suppose it depends on how frequent you have guests. We probably only have guests every one to two months and because it is so quick to put up and back down it is better for us and our guests have said its comfier than a normal bed.

I'm a first timer so I'm now expert but I had heard not to have cot next to radiator or window.

Just out of interest you experienced ladies, exactly how far does the cot need to be?? Mine will be about 5feet away, is that far enough?

The bottom of my cot about 3 foot away from the radiator. We turn the heating off at night anyway as it's noisy and have an oil filled electric radiator in her room at the otherside on the lowest setting. I can control the heat in her room easier this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back