Contact lenses

cab'o'holic

Reaction score
HiFor the past couple of years I have been useing the 24hr monthly disposables that you leave in for a whole month even to sleep.
Do any of you know if I can keep them in for labour? as they say you should take lenses out incase of emergancy c section hate useing glasses now and as I can sleep with them in do you think it would be ok?

I reckon the best person to ask this to would be your optician hun, she/he will definately tell you if you can wear them in labour or not.

Also Id mention it to your MW see what she says. Whatever they suggest though id follow it as its all said for a reason!

Dont have much experience when it comes to glasses/contacts but I hope that has helped :)

Well I wore mine during labour and had NO intention of taking them - out I wanted to see my baby when he was born! :wink:
I've even worn them under General Anesthetic once because I forgot I was wearing them - I often forget I have them in and do stupid things like fall asleep with them - But I can't say I've ever had a problem with them either.
If they are the type you can leave in too sleep in - I can't see the problem, but if your really worried, the best thing to do is check with your Optician (Not that they'll know!) Cynic that I am.

i wear contact lenses and since i have been pregnant i haven't worn them so much as the shape of my eyes must have changed or something as they are blurry and are uncomfortable. :cry:

rusks said:
i wear contact lenses and since i have been pregnant i haven't worn them so much as the shape of my eyes must have changed or something as they are blurry and are uncomfortable. :cry:

It's the fluid on your eyes hun, it dries out sometimes when pregnant. I found that aswell. I didn't wear lenses when I had Damien but I ddn't know you couldn't. I fall asleep with mine in all the time now, wake up and my eyes are a bit stuck lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back