Advice please on contact lenses

Lou

Reaction score
I want to try them. I wear glasses at the moment and although they are quite new and trendy I'm sick of them. My OH wears lenses, focus dailies. I want to try some but I'm scared and all OH says is 'go get some if you want some'.

What do you think? shall I stick with glasses or try contacts? :think:

Try em!
Nothing to worry about. I wear glasses most days............ie if I'm just around the house/popping out. But I've had contacts since I was 14. I used to have soft lenses, now I used dailies. Once you get used to them, they are easy to use and the days of having to clean them are long gone!

Misslarue said:
Try em!
Nothing to worry about. I wear glasses most days............ie if I'm just around the house/popping out. But I've had contacts since I was 14. I used to have soft lenses, now I used dailies. Once you get used to them, they are easy to use and the days of having to clean them are long gone!

change the 14 to a 16 and exactly what she said!

I've worn contacts for God knows how many years now, I could never go back to glasses. I use Acuvue (sp?) which are soft lenses that get replaced every 2 weeks :wink:

I like the idea of new ones every day :)

I tried monthlies years ago and never got used to them. I could only get them in one eye so used to walk round winking at everyone :lol:

Since I changed to dailies it's been a lot easier, maybe because they're thinner?

Go for it - you won't regret it. I don't wear them every day (keeps costs down) but it's nice to have a choice.

Couldn't wear them at all when preggo though.

Minxy said:
I tried monthlies years ago and never got used to them. I could only get them in one eye so used to walk round winking at everyone :lol:

Since I changed to dailies it's been a lot easier, maybe because they're thinner?

Go for it - you won't regret it. I don't wear them every day (keeps costs down) but it's nice to have a choice.

Couldn't wear them at all when preggo though.

Why not?

I don't know if it's moisture levels that make the eyes drier or if like my belly they changed shape ( :shock: ) but they were really uncomfy :(

They were fine afterwards, although my prescription got a lot worse :?

I want to get contacts too

going to get my eyes tested on tuesday as I need new glasses - might leave enquiring about the contacts till I have given birth

I have an astigmatism (rugby ball shaped eyes) and have tried loads of different types of lenses but none suited me so im back to my good old glasses :)

Give em a try, i'd love to be able to wear em but i just cant :(

I want to get contacts too

going to get my eyes tested on tuesday as I need new glasses - might leave enquiring about the contacts till I have given birth

I have an astigmatism (rugby ball shaped eyes) and have tried loads of different types of lenses but none suited me so im back to my good old glasses :)

Give em a try, i'd love to be able to wear em but i just cant :(

Go for it - they're cheap as chips these days too :D

I wear contacts most of the time now. I didn't get them till I was about 25. I'd been thinking about it for years but was scared. Looking back I wish I'd got them as a teenager. They are fab!

I have asigmatism so need toric lenses which are slightly thicker than normal contact lenses. Once I got used to them I can see much better with my contacts than I can with my glasses. I can keep them in for a max of about 14 hours a day before they get uncomfortable.

I get monthly one's that I have to take out for bed, clean and store in a pot overnight. Because I need toric lenses dailies would work out really expensive. I find them easy to clean anyway. I can get them in or out plus cleaning in less than 5 mins now. I got used to putting them in and out in a matter of days.

Definately give them a go. It will change your life! No more fogging up when you walk into a hot room from the cold, or not being able to see properly in the rain :lol:

I wear daily disposables which I get from Specsavers and they are £15 a month (and they post them to you). Best thing I ever did was to get lenses - most places offer a free trial so you can see if you get on with them but perseverance definitely pays off! Good luck xx

I wouldn't be without mine! I wear ones which you change every 2 weeks and can sleep in...

Although, one night after a p*ss up I woke up in the morning and could only see out of one eye! I really couldn't figure out why - I thought I'd been punched or something :think: Til I stumbled to mirror to find it was stuck to my eyelash :roll:

haha stuck to your eyelash :lol:

Thanks for all your replies girls. Like some of you I also have a stigmatism but only in one eye so hopefully that won't effect me having lenses :think: My OH uses the Focus dailies and he finds them great. I am definately going to go for it. As soon as someone can look after Isaac for me I'm going to book an appointment at the opticians. Oh yeah and I also really hate my glasses steaming up, that post really made me laugh, and when its raining somehow I feel more geeky with rain splattered glasses :lol:

Thanks again girls :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back