• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Consultant appointment!

Strangeness

Reaction score
Had my weekly consultant appointment yesterday afternoon and it went better than I thought! The week before I was examined and told cervix was very unfavourable! Got examined again yesterday to be told it's soft, short and open a bit which means it can be anytime and the consultant is very hopeful that I will go into labour soon. He said he wants to leave me another week because all signs are promising and he hopes to see me downstairs in the labour ward soon! I'm pleased all these pains I keep getting are at least doing something and just hopes it will kick off soon! My dh didn't seem to pleased because I haven't got an induction date and he had to watch me be left for days on end last time but have assured him that won't happen this time because I'm being watched the whole way! I had keytones in my wee which consultant said is because I'm dehydrated so have to drink more and I have to do a kick chart for the baby now just to be sure as she's overdue. So I'm a bit more hopeful anyway, just really hope all goes to plan now!

In other news, there was the smellest family in the whole world at the ante natal clinic! I had to go in the room after them and the midwife apologised to me and said she'd sprayed the whole room with air freshner :lol: They really stank and were so dirty! Felt so sorry for the kids because they were filthy and she had another one on the way. Then heard them on the phone saying "You'll have to look after the kids because we got to go court to see if they're being taken off us!" :shock: Can't believe some of the people you get having babies!

:cheer: Fingers crossed it happens soon for you

I was reading your post and must have been concentrating on cervix and things like that as I read "smelliest family" as "smelliest fanny" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mandspice said:
:cheer: Fingers crossed it happens soon for you

I was reading your post and must have been concentrating on cervix and things like that as I read "smelliest family" as "smelliest fanny" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would hate to be the midwife who had to deliver the smelly womans baby :puke:

:rotfl: My dh said to the consultant who examined me "I hope you didn't have to examine the lady before!" :rotfl: None of the midwives were very pleased she was there :lol:

Glad your appointment went well :cheer:

I wonder if that family are aware that they smell bad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back