connection between parents who smoke and smoking when older?

i smoked from the age of 13 - 15yrs but then got pregnant and stopped and since then ive only smoked socialy if someone has offered on a night out but i can only stand menthol lol. none of my parents smoked and they were also very anti-smoking. i smoked because friends were and i wanted to try it, it was easy to quit at that age and cus i hadnt dun it for long also.

it was really hard to get away with smoking in my house cus they instantly smelt smoke on u cus they were non-smokers!! :shock: even if i did smoke now i wouldnt dare tell my mum cus she is so anti-smoking. both sets of my grandparents have always smoked but my mum and dad hate it.

xxxxx

Hi

Both parents smoked and out of all three of us kids only my brother smokes!

I voted 'One or both of my parents smoked, but I never have'
but my sister was a smoker until she got pregnant.

Both my parents smoke. My mum smoked when she was pregnant with me and my 2 brothers aswell, and they always smoked in the house. Ive got loads of pics from when i was a baby, me sitting in my cot, and my mum there too, fag in hand... :x :puke:

I started smoking at around 15 cos i thought it was cool :roll: and thats what my mates did. I used to nick them off my mum, but when she found out, she basically said "have a fag when you want one, rather that than stealing" :wall: She encouraged me really.

Ive told her and my dad i wont have them smoking near my kids so they better pack it in,....and although she claims to have cut down, she still stinks of it when i see her.

Me and OH popped round my parents house once without phoning first, and you literally couldnt see through all the smoke, it was minging, and i couldnt breathe. We had to leave again quickly :shakehead: :puke:

Both my brothers smoke aswell. Im the only one who's managed to give up :roll:

Im going to stop gibbering now cos this subject makes me angry, lol. I just want my family to quit smoking,cos they stink, and i dont want them breathing that s**t all over my kids!!! :x

Having a parent that smoked has put me off, never have smoked. Think it's horrible.

my dad is a heavy smoker and would smoke round all us kids
my mother gave up smoking after having my youngest sister (now 18 )
ive smoked since i was 11 gave up 22 weeks ago :D :D
manda xx

ETA- both my sisters and brother also smoke. yet my hubby who smoked aswell (quit when i did) was raised by non-smokers

My parents have and do smoke and yep I smoked from the age of 10 or 12 right up till just before I fell pg with Isaac. My older sister smoked but has given up and my younger sister still smokes. It would actually be easier to say who doesn't smoke in my family, its virtually everyone :x

My mum smoked when she was pg with all of us and when I was little my mum used to let me light her cigarettes :shock: I was allowed to smoke in the house from age 13.

I am very anti-smoking now. I hate everything about it. I think growing up around smokers definately made me a smoker whithout a doubt. Its a very selfish thing to do when you have children I think. Not only are you making them passive smoke but you are shortening your own life so you won't be around as long for your children and grand children. Thats why my sister gave up because her son is disabled and he will need her all her life.

Sorry for the long post :roll:

both did (mum died from smoking related disease when I was 14) and nope I donot smoke it's horrible.

Urchin said:
Having parents that smoked TOTALLY put me off, they stank!

They both still smoke now, it drives me mad, I hate it.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

I think thats the reason i have never somked. I have no intention of starting.

My dad smoked, my mum has never smoked. They were divorced when I was 2 and dad's gf smoked. Staying at their smoky house was so different to being at my mum's house in the country with the fresh air, I think it definitely put both me and my sister off smoking, as we have never smoked and think it is a disgusting, selfish habit.

My dad smoked but I never have done (well I tried it once at 16 but that doesn't really count). I saw the state it put the house in (yellow walls and ceilings) and how it made him smell and look and it completely put me off ever wanting to turn out like that. He was unfit as would be out of breath all the time too, and I just didn't like what smoking had done to him. He's 51 ( ? ) now and started smoking when he was 14.

i used to smoke and i got into it pretty much because my friends were doing it, i werent too fussed about my parents finding out i just assumed it was alright since my dad used to smoke but actually it made him more angry :lol: I didnt smoke for long after that because i knew how much i was hurting my dad and my body. My grandad was always smoking and he ended up dieing of heart/lung problems so smoking doesnt really bring up good memorys for me :hug:

Both my parents smoke and i hate it, It stinks :puke:

I've never smoked but my younger sister and brother do.

i found this poll hard to answer, because my dad used to smoke but quit before i was born. iv always known both my parents to be non-smokers though. i am a non-smoker also (so i voted the last one) however i hav tried cigarettes.

tbh i dont understand why people smoke- having tried it, it didnt get me high, it didnt do anything for me i dont see the attraction? :think:

my mum and dad both smoke (they still do)
and both me and my sister started smoking at 15/16
although they didnt agree with it- they couldnt really say
much coz they both do it themselves.
i gave up smoking as soon as i found out i was pregnant but
i started again when hayden was 2/3 months old which was really
stupid- but i now smoke one or two a day outside, coz i dont want to smoke round Hayden- no one in my family ever smokes around him either my mum and dad both smoke in the garden at their house. if i go out and have a drink i smoke a lot more, but i used to smoke 20 a
day or more before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back