Conflicting name taste! Argh!

Laura1992

Reaction score
Really struggling to think of girl's names for the twins! We don't seem to be able to agree on much.

His current favourites are: Romy and Matilda (Mattie)
My current favourites are: Isabel (Izzy) and Emilie (Emmie)

We can't agree at all. I'm hoping that once he's watched me push them out, he'll be more lenient!

Last edited:
I think all combinations of the four names go well together, can you not agree to just choose one name each?

Lovely choices btw :) x

I think pringle made a good suggestion! I love Mattie and Emmie xx but they all work x

Hehe, I was going to say one each too :) I also love Matilda and Emilie together - lovely! My partner was dead against Alice for our girl's middle name but as soon as he'd watched me labour and deliver her he said I could name her anything I wanted so your theory may well work too! xx

I'm not sure about picking a name each.. I think we both have to agree to both. I had to veto some pretty awful suggestions from him (Bronte, for example) so I don't trust him with free reign of one name! xxx

Hehe, I was going to say one each too :) I also love Matilda and Emilie together - lovely! My partner was dead against Alice for our girl's middle name but as soon as he'd watched me labour and deliver her he said I could name her anything I wanted so your theory may well work too! xx

Haha fingers crossed!!

Aww I love Romy! Only ever met one and she is lovely :) you've still got time to decide together, maybe blend the names so agree that one can be first name and one middle?

We are struggling with names as I love traditional but unique names and oh is just being an awkward fish!! xxxxx

Romy is cute and really unusual but it just reminds me of Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion! Excellent film but... Oh no 100% agree that you both need to be on board with both names... It is a bloomin' hard decision and a massive responsibility.. Ahh Abi I loved your girls name.. boys are so much harder! I love Stanley for a boy I think it's adorable xxx

I liked Romy for my first pregnancy which I lost, so I feel a bit unsure about using it if you see what I mean! Also I feel like I'm going for more traditional names this time. BlondeP, I don't think we're going to bother with middle names because we're using both our surnames (not married) and their names will be long enough xx

Aw thanks Kate, annoyingly we agreed on girls names almost instantly! But yeah, struggling with boys.

Ah that makes sense Laura, our poor lad is going to have way too many middle names haha. Just realised you put emil ie shortened to Emmie - love Emmie! Xxx

With my son we were torn between two names once I got the gas into me in labour I suddenly decided I didn't like either of them and we chose another name randomly before he was born that wasn't even on the list, maybe see what they look like and go from there the girls name I had chosen back then I wouldn't dream of using this time, it's funny how quick you can go off something you once loved lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back