Complete Turn Around! (BF Post)

DebbieM

Reaction score
When I brought Luke home from hospital, breast-feeding was okay, I didn't find it to be much of an issue. After a couple of days, it all turned sour and I absolutely hated it. It was sore, upsetting and stressful. I hated every second of it and honestly wanted to give up. I was convinced it was me who was foing it all wrong and that he wouldn't be getting what he needed and would be better off on bottles.

I sought advice and help on a couple of separate occasions. The first time wasn't a lot of use but the second time was. The woman who came to see me (a HV) didn't really do anything other than talk to me and made me realise that I WAS feeding correctly and somehow just gave me the confidence to continue. From then on things seemed to get better and better.

Luke has been steadily gaining weight since and has gone from 6lb 11oz at birth to 11lb 11oz today at 8 weeks, 5 days.

I'm so pleased. The past week he has been more or less glued to my boob because of a growth spurt and also the hot weather. A few weeks ago that would have been an absolute nightmare for me in all senses... sore, stressful and plan horrible.

Now.... I love it! It's amazing how perseverance with something that was so horrible and difficult in the first place can become something that you actually enjoy and look forward to.

I think the most rewarding part of breastfeeding is watching your baby grow and knowing that it is all you. You've made that happen, solely on your own. Luke gained 9oz this week and I have to say, I feel so proud because of how things were and how they are now :D

Sorry for rambling..... just wanted to share and for those who are struggling with feeding can see there is hope and it does get better :)

11lb 11oz Well done Luke :clap:
Well done to you too Debbie :cheer:

I agree that it does get so much better, although my LO is fighting the feed sometimes it is so much better than in the beginning.
I dont dread feeding times anymore :cheer:
Just getting the hang of doing it in public and i will feel even better :)

well done hun! im glad its going well :hug: :hug: :hug:

i love breastfeeding, i often look forward to him waking up so we can sit in a comfy chair together, relax and have a cuddle :lol: he put on 4oz in the past week so weighs 9lb 2oz now :dance:

What a lovely post, I hope it gives some mums who are struggling confidence in themselves :)

Well done to you both, I hope you have lots of happy breastfeeding snuggly months to come :)

I love reading posts like this well done!!

Aw Debbie, its fab when it all clicks into place, isn't it! I'm really happy for you. All that pain and suffering was worth it in the end!

Enjoy feeding little Luke while he's small. My LO thought biting was hilarious tonight at her bedtime feed (often bites when tired) and it was soooo painful, I thought she'd taken part of my nipple with her.

Congratulations honey

Valentine Xxx

So glad for you debbie! :hug: I hated it too for the first month or so, but love it now, though it gets harder to hold them when they get bigger but I think I will miss it whenever it ends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back